Friday, August 17, 2018

WIP: Grey Knights Characters - Part 3


More work on the Grey Knight Brother Captain. I chose a simple green laurel on a white background for the shield on the right shoulder.  Just base colors and simple shading at this point.  Hopefully the highlights will dress it up a bit.  Might switch the background for red to get more of a splash of color there, but I don't want a Christmas shield and also don't want too much of a distraction form the face of the model.

Speaking of the face, it got a base of GW Kislev flesh and a wash of Reikland Fleshade.

Grey Knight Brother Captain WIP face

Then I cleaned up the skull cap a bit and added soem highlights with more GW Kislev Flesh.  I applied washes of Carroburg Crimson on the lips, cheeks and around the eyes.  I dabbed some Druchii Violet on the lips for good measure too. This was blended by additional Reikland Fleshshade washes.  The beard got a base coat of GW Eshin Grey with GW Dawnstone hghlights.  I painted in the eyes with GW White Scar, then dabbed some GW Nuln Oil into the eye sockets.

Grey Knight Brother Captain WIP face

The face is coming together but I'm not there yet.  I'll try pupils in the eyes this time.  My experiments with grey eyes and no pupils weren't horrible, but I'm not satisfied with the look. So back to practicing pupils without making bug eyes.  Here's a close up of the face work...

Grey Knight Brother Captain WIP face closeup

That's it for now.  I've taken up a good deal of time this week working on Kill Teams from the boxed set (Genestealer Cult and Adeptus Mechanicus), as well as Adeptus Astartes (Dark Angels in this case).  SO there will be some WIP posts on those coming soon in the next hobby season.  For no I'll leave you with some teasers...

Adeptus Mechanicus Kill Team WIP

The AdMech are missing their Rust Stalker Princeps, and I'm adding another Skitarii Vanguard with Omnispex.

Genestealer Cult Kill Team WIP

The GSC here are missing a Metamorph Leader and an acolyte fighter with a rock drill (or maybe the rock cutter?  I'll make two and swap 'em around as I play...). No pics of the Dark Angels yet...too secretive, don't you know. ;-) Have great fun with the teams (Deathwatch and Gey Knights also in the works).  Hope I actually play at some point. Heh.

I have also continued to sacrificed a few hours moving GW paint from pots to dropper bottles. I've been able to save a bunch of old paint this way, preserving many OOP colors that I have enjoyed in the past.  No pics of that here, too boring! So much easier to put small amounts of paint on the pallet or into the airbrush now.  Much less messier and the paints should now last longer in the bargain.

So that's it for now.

Cheers and Happy Gaming!

No comments:

Post a Comment