Friday, October 26, 2018

WIP: Adeptus Mechanicus Kill Team - Part 1

Adeptus Mechanicus (AdMech) Kill Team WIP

Kill Team Zhu-1/5 has hit the painting table this month.  I am playing this kill team in a campaign currently and have been trying to get them painted up for the events.  For the campaign opener last week, they looked like this, but with red robes.  Somehow I missed taking a picture of that...

Adeptus Mechanicus Kill Team WIP

They were recognizable in red, but not at all up to a good standard.  This week I cleaned up the robes and set to work on the wood and leather details leaving the kill team looking like this for the game this week.

Adeptus Mechanicus Kill Team WIP

Then I took the current Leader, Zhu-1/5, and used him as a test model to work out the rest of the paint scheme.  I have not worked on Adeptus Mechanicus models before so I needed to get my recipe and approach down.  I'm using the basic Mars scheme, which makes things easy, however I'm not using all GW paints.  I'll be adding a recipe tab to the blog as I nail things down.

Adeptus Mechanicus Kill Team WIP

GW Nuln Oil was used to shade the metals and equipment, while GW Agrax Earthshade was used on the robes. I chose Vallejo Oily Steel for all of the silver bits at this point.  I think the incense burner will be brass/gold.  I'm still thinking about what I want to do with the backpack details.

Adeptus Mechanicus Kill Team WIP

I went with blue lenses, choosing a base coat of GW  Lothern and a dot of GW Baharroth Blue in the center.  Thinned down Nuln Oil was shaded over this to add some definition around the edges of the lenses.  I'll come back in with a final spot of White or Baharroth Blue during the highlighting, I think.

Adeptus Mechanicus Kill Team WIP

Now that's looking a lot better.  At least my leader will be at a better standard for the campaign this week.  Next up will be finishing any missed details and adding the highlights.  Then some more work on the base.  I have already painted in some of the details, but neglected to take and shots of that work. And of course, I have painted the very cool name plates from Versatile Terrain.

Next week, I hope to have the whole team to this standard.  I also need to add in the four additional team members that wait in the wings to fill in for casualties and such during the campaign. I need to order their nameplates so they are still waiting in the wings.

Cheers and Happy Gaming!

No comments:

Post a Comment