Sunday, April 30, 2023

Dark Angels 40K Character WIP - Part 4

Dark Angels Characters WIP

Greetings!  More progress on the Dark Angels characters this week.  The Ancient of the 5th Company Dark Angels got some attention this time around. I was able to get the Ancient painted to a point that the banner arm could be attached.

Dark Angels Ancient WIP

I had fun with the banner. It was an easy thing to cut up a 'Lion el Jonson' transfer so it could fit the curve of the scroll at the bottom of the banner. A bit more poking about found me the right sized #5 to put in the circle at the top and a Dark Angels chapter symbol for the middle.  The rest is all 'paint-by-numbers' raised detail.  The shields and purity seals at the bottom will get text and some additional highlighting is expected. otherwise, the banner is close to complete.

Dark Angels Ancient WIP

The marine's bolter is coming along.  I realize as I type this that I forgot to drill the bolter barrel out.  Ugh...will have to see if I can manage that with the banner attached. Otherwise, some text ought to go on the scroll along the side of the weapon housing - and I'll come up with a name for the shoulder pad scroll.

 Some initial highlighting had happened here, particularly on the leather work. I like how that has turned out on the holster.

Dark Angels Ancient WIP

I need to select a suitable ancient symbol for the right shoulder pad.  I forget whether there is any source material for than in the codex. Otherwise, I'm pretty close to completing another model.  Hopefully I'll have the remaining work wrapped up before posting again later this week. Then it's either on to the Lieutenants or the Techmarine.

Cheers and Happy Gaming!

No comments:

Post a Comment