Thursday, April 20, 2023

Dark Angels 40K Character WIP - Part 2

 Dark Angels Master Lazarus WIP

Greetings and welcome back. While my Dark Angels character project started with six models, Lazarus caught my attention this week, so he got all the paint.  He's coming along nicely.  My old iPhone was having difficulties figuring out where to focus, so parts of these pics are a bit fuzzy.

Dark Angels Master Lazarus WIP

I like how the sword came out.  A bit less cartoon-ish than the scheme I've been using and a bit more like what I've been doing with the 30K Dark Angels power blades. I played a bit with crackly bits around the power nodes...don't love it, but don't hate it either. I've started in a bit with the highlighting of armor and what-not.

Dark Angels Master Lazarus WIP

I like where the cape is at this point.  Not christmas-like, not purple...sort of a brownish burgundy?  I think it'll do. basically done with the backpack and iron halo bits.  Nice splash of red on the right shoulder pad/  Why do these things only catch my eye posting photos?!  Heh.

Dark Angels Master Lazarus WIP
More cape! The studio paint job puts some color on the tips of feathers on the helmet.  I haven't decided yet what I want to do there.  There is more shadow than appears in the pics here.  but I still think I could get more definition there...and then maybe some tips on the feathers?  Not sure.  I like the plain white.

So that's where I'm at with the project as the week closes out.  Check back next week to see if I pick up another character or continue to knock out Lazarus.  I do like to follow the natural ebb and flow of inspiration and he was great fun to paint this week.

Cheers and Happy Gaming!

No comments:

Post a Comment