Monday, September 4, 2023

2023/24 Hobby Season Kickoff and To Do List

 

Image courtesy of 40kaddict

It is time to join the 2023/24 Hobby Season with 40kaddict.  This is the seventh season that I'm formally taking part in and I'm looking forward to earning my stamps! Special thanks and a shout out to 40kaddict for the cool annual stamps and the inspiration to keep the mojo alive!

My To Do List for the 2023/24 season as it stands today:

The Horus Heresy

  • Complete two Dark Angels Legion Characters
  • Complete two Dark Angels Legion Infantry Units
Warhammer 40K
  • Complete a Ballistus Dreadnought from the Leviathan launch box
  • Complete two Dark Angels Units
    • Chaplain on Bike and Invader ATV - TO DONE
  • Complete Lion El'Jonson
Adeptus Titanicus
  • Complete Legio Tempestus Warmaster Iconoclast Titan
  • Complete Legio Ignatum Warlord Titan
  • Complete some more weapon options
Aeronautica Imperialis
  • Complete Adeptus Astartes Planes
    Bonus Projects:
    • Complete Dark Angels Primaris Repulsor
    • Complete Dark Angels Company Heroes unit
    • Complete Two More Blackstone Fortress Characters
    • A new surprise 40k faction?

    So, it's not an aggressive list.  But it leaves room for new releases, unexpected kits that may come available throughout the season, and general inspiration. With DreadTober around the corner, I need to pick a manageable kick-off project for September...Hmmm...

    Welcome to the new hobby season!  

    Cheers and Happy Gaming!

    8 comments:

    1. I really like the simplicity of your list, it looks really interesting. The Iconoclast seems like a massive undertaking, so I wish you well on it and the 'surprise 40k faction' seems suitably ambiguous beyond the mystery of which faction. it could be one figure or dozens - good luck for this season.

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. Thanks! I'm in this for the simple enjoyment of the hobby; so I keep things pretty loose. I realize that I could probably have clarified that the Leviathan dreadnought is the new Ballistus dread from the Leviathan boxed set; and not an actual Leviathan Dreadnought. :)

        Delete
    2. Looks like a good all rounded list! I have always struggled with making realistic new year's resolutions. Cutting them down and planning on getting distracted seems to have helped me this year, however.

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. I like to think of the ToDo list as managing expectations more than making resolutions. I'm totally not down with New Year's resolutions! So I follow you there. I could see where this parallels the resolutions, but really it's just hey, what would be fun to work on this year and make me smile more when I look at my collection of painted stuff. Sometimes it's a gaming goal, though, like the Aeronautica stuff. I have some friends that enjoy that game, so there was a kick there to get some painted stuff out.

        Delete
    3. Excellent choices; I am looking forward to seeing which Dark Angels units you end up with. It would be nice to see something new and shiny.

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. Thanks! We'll see looks like some Ravenwing on the workbench so stay tuned;but then there is all this new Leviathan plastic to consider for the future...

        Delete
    4. Sounds like a solid plan, with room to add in other projects along the way.

      ReplyDelete