Tuesday, April 18, 2023

On the Workbench [April] - Horus Heresy Edition!

 

Horus Heresy First Legion Dark Angels Spartan WIP

Just a short post today to share some recent Horus Heresy Dark Angels builds. I had some unusually large blocks of free time over the weekend and decided it was a good time to put some work inn on the plastic Spartan kit form the recent Horus Heresy box set. I had picked up some Dark Angels Land Raider kit off eBay last year and it fit perfectly on the new kit.  I'm still sorting what I want to do with the top cupola, so it's left off.  Possibly a multi-melta w/Legion gunner.  Maybe a swell looking tank commander.  Can't decide.  The rule of cool will most likely win out since it's unlikely this beast will see a real game.

Horus Heresy First Legion Dark Angels Contemptor Pattern Dreadnought WIP

While I was in the box, the Contemptor kit came out to play too.  I used the recently acquired Dark Angels torso from Forge World. At first I was concerned this model would end up too similar to the all resin Forge World Dark Angels model.  But that kit has a lot of different detail on the legs and arms.  This somewhat more plain version with only the fancy torso and newer missile rack should stand on its own.

I'm waiting on the correct size magnets for the arms (dare I say elbows?) so I can magnetize all the weapons. So for now he waits as is, partially assembled while I crack on with Azrael and company.  Stay tuned later in the week for a progress reveal there. This fella will likely make another appearance later this year during DreadTober 2023.

Cheers and Happy Gaming!


No comments:

Post a Comment