Thursday, August 5, 2021

Dark Angels Intercessor and Heavy Intercessor WIP - Part 5

 

Dark Angels Intercessors and Heavy Intercessors WIP

Greetings! The intercessors edge ever closer to done.  I really didn't expect these ten marines to stall me so completely. Regardless, they are coming out just fine and progress is being made.  For this week, I have managed some freehand on the 5th company badges for the knee pads.

Dark Angels Intercessor WIP

Getting the lines for the checks to look right on the rounded knee pads could drive a person insane. It should be simple to draw/paint a cross and fill in the sections. It turns out a bit more challenging than one might expect, at least for me. 😖 

Dark Angels Intercessors WIP

Next up were the decals/transfers.  I very much enjoy applying decals, so this went well and was a nice break from painting.

Dark Angels Intercessors WIP

I have no real rhyme nor reason to my squad numbering.  Here I decided this was my first squad of intercessors so they got to be squad '1'.  But with the Heavy Intercessors...

Dark Angels Heavy Intercessors WIP

I randomly decided these lads would be squad '2', maybe because they were the second squad of intercessors?  They also got some shiny new wings on the other shoulder.

Dark Angels Heavy Intercessors WIP

As a detail, the skulls on the Sergeant helmets were painted bone, and the scrolls all got some text using a black fine point marker (with some red here and there). Oh, and the guns got an additional orange highlight over the previous red highlights to brighten things up a bit. 

The decals will get a coat of GW Lahmian Medium, followed by a light wash to blend them with the look of the rest of the armor.   like to give the Micro Sol a decent amount of time to dry. After this treatment, the decals will blend better and won't pop quite as much. 

Bases need to get done and some final details, like the Sergeant's equipment (write computer on one , and augury hanging form the belt of the other) need work. I'd like to say one more session, but we'll see.

In the meantime, stay safe out there.

Cheers and Happy Gaming!





No comments:

Post a Comment