Friday, September 13, 2019

WIP: Blades of Vengeance Primaris Characters - Part 2

40K Blades of Vengeance Characters WIP

I put some painting time into the Blades of Vengeance between assembling Blackstone Fortress hostiles and a couple Imperial planes from the new Aeronautica Imperialis starter set.  Yes, THAT happened. :) Well I warned that there might be unexpected new releases along the way that would influence the hobby season.  No worries, though.

Back to the Blades of Vengeance.  With the Librarian almost complete (pending decals and final touch-up), I went back to the lieutenants, Ancient and Captain/Master.  The Master has the least work of the set so far, but he is still coming along.  I'm batch painting the common details to help things along.

40K Blades of Vengeance Master WIP

I got enough done to attach the backpack.  But really, my focus this week has been on the Lieutenants.

40K Blades of Vengeance Master WIP

I did take some time out to start roughing in the banner, but rough is the key work there.

40K Blades of Vengeance Chapter Ancient WIP

I think veterans will have a bone stripe on their helmets, while Sergeants will get a red stripe.

40K Blades of Vengeance Chapter Ancient WIP

Lieutenants then get both.  I really like the different poses.  And while I have five lieutenants available, I'm focusing on two or three of the best poses as my key models for game play (you know, for all of those games I'm playing...).

40K Blades of Vengeance Lieutenant WIP

I'm being WAY too fidgety with the bone on everything.  I keep messing up one thing or another so there's been lots of touch up. Part of this is due to how I've been in and out of the project so I'm not completing areas and being done with it as I would normally with more focus.  Still, I like how they are turning out as the paintwork develops.

40K Blades of Vengeance Lieutenant WIP

I find it oddly enjoyable to paint the leather work.  I like how it comes out and it has become something I feel very confident with. Painting these guys is the first time I really paid attention to the belts...these guys have belts!  I think the Primaris line sculpted the belts more distinctly or something.  I've always ignored painting belts on Marines in the past.

40K Blades of Vengeance Lieutenant WIP

This Lieutenant is perhaps my favorite of the set.  I consider him the veteran of the group, with the extra laurels and all.

40K Blades of Vengeance Lieutenant WIP

With those two being the primary Lieutenants I'd play in a game, this fellow is my third favorite.

40K Blades of Vengeance Lieutenant WIP

40K Blades of Vengeance Lieutenant WIP

Then these last two probably should have been squad Sergeants. But I appear to have enough of those already.  So it's a deep bench of Lieutenants for this force. Heh.

40K Blades of Vengeance Lieutenant WIP

What would the field of battle be without guys pointing at stuff?? ;-) I can just imagine the troops nodding and saying things like "yeah, yeah, I got it!" - under their breath of course...no insubordination here!

40K Blades of Vengeance Lieutenant WIP

I like the new helmets on the belts. Seems better form than these guys going out without a helm, or simply tossing them aside somewhere.  I mean, not every character has his helm torn off by the enemy, right??

40K Blades of Vengeance Lieutenant WIP

The tilting shields will get some sort of chapter iconography, probably just a black sword in a reverse motif of the chapter symbol (black shield w/bone sword). But possible something personal, like a skull or what not as heraldry for the character rather than chapter heraldry.

40K Blades of Vengeance Lieutenant WIP

Here's a Lieutenant group shot. progress, progress, progress.  

40K Blades of Vengeance Lieutenants WIP

I'm still aiming to wrap these guys up before DreadTober 2019 starts. Though perhaps not the Captain and Ancient.  Time will tell! I need to resist the urges to build fun stuff in the limited hobby time I have available.

How are your hobby project coming along?

Cheers and Happy Gaming!

No comments:

Post a Comment