Thursday, September 5, 2019

WIP: Blades of Vengeance Primaris Librarian - Part 3

Blades of Vengeance Primaris Librarian

I've reached a stopping point on the Librarian.  I'm not calling him done yet.  He needs transfers and some additional fine tuning.  But He's ready for battle none-the-less. I could not help but keep fussing with the purple warp summoning effects, almost to my detriment.  Here's a better look at the real model without the filter used in the title shot.

Blades of Vengeance Primaris Librarian

Most everything has been highlighted and cleaned up at this point. I completed the helmet with some of the gear painted and an additional glow effect on the gem/focus thingie on the crest.

Blades of Vengeance Primaris Librarian

The base was completed with a simple set of Vallejo browns and GW shades, for variation. I use a medium-dark brown for a base that is then shaded with GW Agrax Earthshade straight from the pot. Additional green shade (GW Athonian Camoshade and Biel-Tan Green) was then painted in pools as the Agrax dried. I feel this gives a mossy, earthy look to the ground where life struggles to return to even war blasted earth. I have all these grass tufts...maybe I should use some at some point...

Blades of Vengeance Primaris Librarian

The Caliban green trim on the shoulder pads was touched up and highlighted with GW Warpstone Glow. The golds were highlighted with Vallejo Old Gold (70.878) followed by light highlights of Vallejo Model Air Silver (71.063).

Blades of Vengeance Primaris Librarian

I repainted the glyphs on the sword GW White Scar and then shaded them with a handful of very thinned down GW Druchii Violet. All of the cabling I'm leaving as Vallejo Dark Rubber shaded with GW Nuln Oil. As I come back to finish the model I may do something more interesting here.  The model is pretty busy as it is though.  I don't favor all the brightly colored cabling that the Heavy Metal painters use in the GW art.

Blades of Vengeance Primaris Librarian

So there is one Blades of Vengeance Librarian mostly ready for battle.  I'm trying out Fallout Hobbies for custom decals for this project.  I've been printing my own sheets, but not loving the results.  If the custom stuff comes through, I'll post up about it in the future. For now, I'll hold off on adding the iconography of the chapter to these Primaris marines.

Next up will be a bunch of Lieutenants, which I got started on before getting pulled into trying my hand at the blue armored Librarian.

Cheers and Happy Gaming!

No comments:

Post a Comment