Thursday, February 28, 2019

Squaduary 2019 Week 4 Update - Horus Heresy Dark Angels


We're in the final day for Squaduary.  I completed my pledge last week and decided to take up the second tactical squad that I had not finished in January.  They had come along nicely, but were missing highlights and the sergeant's head was unpainted.  That was no good, so I started there.


Just a simple base coat of Vallejo flesh with GW Reikland Fleshshade and a follow up of GW Carroburg Crimson on the lips and around they eyes.  GW White Scar was used to paint in the eyes and a careful dotting of GW Abbadon Black set the pupils.  More Vallejo Flesh was used to highlight the nose, brow ridge, chin, etc..


I had been watching the Oscars the night before...and maybe its just me...but doesn't this sergeant look a bit like a post-human Willem Defoe?  Anyway...I got to laughing so hard I had to take a break.

Next up the squad got metal highlights with Vallejo Steel and the power sword got some Vallejo Brass painted on the inlay.  Scrolls on the Sergeant's chest plate and one other trooper were also painted using my standard recipe.


One more session tonight will put paid to this squad I think.  The sergeant got his Vallejo Ghost Grey highlights on the black armor and bolt pistol, but the rest of the squad still needs these highlights. Then I'd like to lay down some additional decals to match the support squads.  Some red legion symbols on the knees that aren't studded and a squad number on the right knees.  Easy enough for one session.



There have been some truly great projects done this Squaduary.  Congratulation to all the participants this year!

With the completion of this tactical squad, I'll likely take a break and got back to painting Titans and Knights for Adeptus Titanicus...and probably put work in on the Blackstone Fortress models.  Plenty of new work to pick up and lots of interesting projects.  I'm especially looking forward to refining my skills with the Legio Tempestus camo and heraldry.

Until next time.

Cheers and Happy Gaming!

No comments:

Post a Comment