Wednesday, May 10, 2023

Dark Angels 40K Character WIP - Part 6

 

Dark Angels Lieutenants WIP
Now with more Lieutenants!

Greetings and welcome back.  The two lieutenants are now complete, making the total four of six done for this project.  I know we're buried in lieutenant models, but they are decent sculpts and fun to paint if you enjoy painting marines at all.  These fellas have a bunch of detail and with a few transfers certainly look the part.

Dark Angels Lieutenant WIP

So many details get caught when posting photos, am I right? here I note that I didn't paint the symbol on the bolt rifle. So I guess he's not quite done! Anyway...typical DA paint recipe here using Pro Acryl paints from Monument Hobbies.

Dark Angels Lieutenant WIP

Dark Angels Lieutenant WIP

Dark Angels Lieutenant WIP

Better shot of the sin of omission here on the bolt rifle.  Seems pretty obvious and hard to miss. 😂

Dark Angels Lieutenant WIP

This is a favorite model of mine.  There is something dynamic in the pose that has always caught my eye. This fella was meant for the Blades of Vengeance, but in true Astartes stoicism he accepted his new orders without complaint and stepped willingly over to the Dark Angels.

Dark Angels Lieutenant WIP

Dark Angels Lieutenant WIP

Dark Angels Lieutenant WIP

So there we have it.  The first two Lieutenant characters painted for my Dark Angels collection. It sure has taken some time to get here, but it feels great to have them painted, along with an Ancient and Master Lazarus. The 5th Company is certainly expanding.

Next up will be the techmarine, and finally I'll get the new Azrael model painted.  Hopefully many of you will find some inspiration in amongst my sharing as I always do when checking out the other blogs out there.

Cheers and Happy Gaming!




No comments:

Post a Comment