Tuesday, September 1, 2020

2020/21 Hobby Season To-Do List

 

image courtesy of www.40kaddict.com

It is time to join the 2020/21 Hobby Season with 40kaddict.  This is the forth season I'm formally taking part in and I'm looking forward to earning my stamps!

My To Do List for the 2020/21 season:

The Horus Heresy

  • Complete all new First Legion units released (or to be released) by Forge World.
Warhammer 40K
  • Complete Dark Angels from the Indomitus Crusade Box by 12/31/2020
Adeptus Titanicus
  • Complete Legio Ignatum Reaver Titan
  • Complete Legio Ignatum Warhounds (2)
  • Complete Sinister Warlord Titan
Blackstone Fortress
  • Complete Starter Set
Aeronautica Imperialis
  • Complete models from Wings of Veangence 
Bonus Projects:
  • Complete another House Taranis Questoris Knight for Warhammer 40K
  • Complete another Unit of Custodes

As I head into the hobby season, anything on the hobby shelves will be fair game as long as I make progress each month.  In this way, the list of goals will focus, but not constrain my efforts. I am not playing many games, nor do I compete at all, so I do not need to work towards any external constraints.  This work is pure hobby joy for me - a chance to break form the responsibilities Husband/Father/Worker and just chill out with something I'm really into.

I've chosen to keep 30K/40K/AT as the three main games I want to put time into.  I added Aeronautica Imperialis to Blackstone Fortress as projects I'll use when I need a break from the primary three projects. But as I said, all bets are off based on what gets release during the season and anything that changes in my ability to play games.  I got a couple games of socially distanced AT in this summer, for example, and that has raised my interest in completing more titans. Who knows what's just around the corner of new releases?

So let's see how the season turns out.  I welcome you to join me on this journey into the unknown as we enter into the 2020/21 Hobby Season. We have goals, but we also know there will be lots of new stuff coming out as we work on it all...how will the season turn out?

Cheers and Happy Gaming!

2 comments: