Thursday, September 24, 2020

Dark Angels Assault Intercessors WIP - Part 5

 

Dark Angels Assault Intercessors WIP

Oh the green, it seems to go one without end.  I've been working on the armor highlights for the squad this week.  While I'm pretty happy with the results, it has taken MUCH longer for me to do than I had expected.  I'm getting better with the liner brush at keeping the paint flowing smoothly to avoid blobs.  And the edges are thin like I want in most places, again avoiding the blobs...but wow...2-3 hours a model at this point is about my best pace.  To be fair, these intercessors have ALOT of hard lines to highlight - and I'm probably highlighting things that really shouldn't be.  

Dark Angels Assault Intercessor WIP

The example model is coming along nicely.  I think I found a good color value balance between the red and green highlights.  Neither stands out to me as too bright when compared to the opposite. 

Dark Angels Assault Intercessor WIP

And with the leather, it is edged a bit less brightly than the shiner armor and metal pieces.

Dark Angels Assault Intercessor WIP

I managed two more models this week...so three highlighted in three hobby sessions this week. Yikes.  Don't see how I finish the squad before DreadTober at this rate. :)  Well, no worries.

Dark Angels Assault Intercessor WIP

Dark Angels Assault Intercessor WIP

Dark Angels Assault Intercessor WIP

Last up I got to the squad sergeant; just working my way through the ranks as I set them up on the desk.

Dark Angels Assault Intercessor WIP

Dark Angels Assault Intercessor WIP

Dark Angels Assault Intercessor WIP

So, yeah, slow going.  But the squad is coming out well, so it'll be worth it.  Great edge highlighting practice in any case.  I still have the chest eagles and Indomitus symbols on the forearm guards to highlight, but that will go much more quickly.  Taken in all, I'm glad I got started on this large squad instead of waiting for November.  As it is, it's not clear I'll get the whole Indomitus marine collection painted before the end of the year.  I'm chaffing to get started on The Lion now too...and painting the 1st Legion Leviathan for DreadTober 2020 isn't going to help. :)

Stay safe out there.

Cheers and Happy Gaming! 


4 comments:

  1. These look awesome. And I’ll look forward to seeing your Dreadtober entry. I’m planning on a Leviathan too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Siph. DreadTober is probably my favorite of the challenges that go around. I'll be checking your work out too!

      Delete
  2. Probably my favourite posed marines in 9th and you've done them justice. Then can get a stupid amount of attacks in game too.

    ReplyDelete