Friday, September 18, 2020

Dark Angels Assault Intercessors WIP - Part 4

 

Dark Angels Assault Intercessors WIP

Greetings.  Just a short post today with progress from the week.  Doesn't look like much of a change.  I got the bases painted, though, and put some time into the sergeant, painting his head and plasma coils as well as experimenting a bit with some armor highlights.

Dark Angels Assault Intercessor Sergeant WIP

The eyes a a bit messy.  The look much better at table distance than they do in the close up here. I'm otherwise OK with how his head and face are coming out. I started some heraldry on the tilting shield.  I'm going to put some freehand checks and/or other symbols over the basic 5th company colors shown here.

Dark Angels Assault Intercessor Sergeant WIP

My basic blue plasma coil approach continues to please.  I like this arm in general.  A different look for a battle line sergeant and fits with his being part of an assault squad, down in the thick of things.  I'm close to wrapping things up with the squad.  I think the armor highlights are going to take more time than I planned for.  But no matter.  They'll get done before I need to put things aside for DreadTober. 

Perhaps I'll have the final picks up next week!

Stay safe out there

Cheers and Happy Gaming!

4 comments:

  1. I'm having the same problem with eyes atm. I ended up putting paint on a pin and trying to stab it on, lol. These look great and you just have to give the impression of eyes imho. Which you've done and he looks angry!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! He definitely looks angry. He comes across less mascara at arms length, though. LOL

      Delete
  2. They look awesome mate! I love the classic red weapons. I have a combat squad of these goobers to paint as well; I'm thinking of teaming them up with a Chaplain for some games, as I think the new "Core" unit mechanic is going to prevent my Chaplain buffing Bladeguard.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sure, that'll work. Thanks for the compliment! I'll look forward to checking out your squad if they get posted up.

      Delete