Wednesday, September 30, 2020

Dark Angels Assault Intercessors WIP - On Hold

 

Dark Angels Assault Intercessors WIP

Greetings!  A short note on my work on this squad of Assault Intercessors. I have armor highlighted on six of the marines so far.  But I've run out of time before DreadTober, so I'm putting the project on hold.  The squad is coming out great, and I'm glad I didn't rush the edge highlighting to get things done more quickly.  

I took the photo above to illustrate how the minis work with highlighting to convince myself to keep going.  They look pretty fine without the highlighting, but I do think the highlighting is a needed improvement.  A little cartoon-y, but sorta fits with how Space Marines are painted in general.

Dark Angels Assault Intercessors WIP

Before putting the squad aside, I took a stab at freehand painting the 5th company symbol on the left knee pad of the example marine.  This will remind me to not skip this part when I come back to these guys after DreadTober.


Next up, I'll share my DreadTober kickoff with a build of the First Legion Leviathan Dreadnought.  Look for this by the end of the week. I'm excited to get started on this mini.  There are lots of great 1st Legion details on the model and after reading the new Black Book from Forge World, I'm inspired to get to the paint work


Best of Luck to all the DreadTober challengers out there.


Be safe.


Cheers and Happy Gaming!


No comments:

Post a Comment