Friday, April 17, 2020

On the Workbench [April] - Adeptus Titanicus Reaver Battle Titan


It's time to look at what's on the workbench this month. Having completed a Warlord and a Warbringer titan for Legio Ignatum in the last couple months, it was high time to add a Reaver.  I had laid aside a number of kits to build out the Legio Ignatum early this year before all the pandemic stuff hit.  Who knew it would prove to be good timing, for hobby work.  Lot's to do to pass the time while I'm socially distant.


This Reaver has been stomping down a shallow river bed, and is just now stepping up out of it as it lays down fire on the enemies of Mankind.  I am building this Reaver with a close combat arm.  Folks have been cutting the shoulder joints and magnetizing the whole arm, but I'm happy with just being able to swap out which h-t-h weapon it's holding.


The magnets in the saw and fist will block the wrist peg from inserting all the way, so I started by cutting that down a bit with a fine hobby saw.


I think drilled a hole in the wrist where I'll insert a couple small magnets.  The wrist peg was a size I didn't have the perfect magnet for, so I'll insert the magnets I have in the wrist peg instead of replacing it. Honestly, there are probably a few ways you could go here, so just do what works for you.


I assembled the fist with a magnet inside. A little 5-minute two-part epoxy keeps it nice and snug.


Here is the chain fist waiting for it's magnet assembly. You can see where it has been molded to accept a small magnet (whether or not they intended it).


The carapace weapon comes ready for magnets fortunately so this is much easier.  Just watch polarity when gluing in the magnets.  I've maintained the same polarity across all my titans so all weapons are interchangeable.

And that's what's on the workbench this month. I've enjoyed the Legio Ignatum paint scheme so much that I just can't wait to paint more titans.  I'm even getting psyched to go back to painting tiny House Taranis knights! 

Stay safe out there.

Cheers and Happy gaming!

6 comments:

  1. I am not quite sure why, but Reavers have always been my favourite titans, even back in the days of Epic 40K. I am still hoping to get a big fat Forge World version one day :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wouldn't that be grand! I'm psyched to be able to have these excellent representations in 8mm, but I too would love the 28mm versions of them if money and space were was no object.

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Thanks, Mike. Hope you and yours are staying safe.

      Delete
  3. I need a reason to buy some titans....well ok then just one reason....any reason.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's pretty much incumbent on us all to support economic recovery and job growth as all of this mess sorts out. Consider buying titans a part of your social duty!

      Delete