Wednesday, April 15, 2020

Legio Ignatum Warbringer Battle Titan for Adeptus Titanicus - TO DONE


Greetings!  It is time to bring the Warbringer project to DONE. Weathering powders were added to the base, and I got everything sealed up with a good coat of flat lacquer. This was a fun project and I really like the Warbringer model.  When it was first released at 28mm scale it seemed just way over the top, even for the 40k universe.  The design has grown on me since I guess. Should I ever play the game, I hope it proves feisty on the table.


Here are a few shots of the completed model from the light box. For the first time ever, I had some frosting of the model after applying the spray lacquer.  It was only on the base, so I blame my own impatience, assuming I didn't wait long enough for the pigment fixer to dry after using the powders.  I'll point out, however, that Model Masters Lusterless Flat is no longer a thing, although Testors is shipping a flat coat spray lacquer using the same part number, but with a different label and no longer under the Model Masters name. Is it the same formula?  no idea...I got several cans by mistake while trying to acquire remaining stock of the old stuff off Amazon.  Buyer beware, don't trust the pictures in the Amazon ads. 


No matter, though, it was an easy matter to cover the frosting with a new layer of weathering powders. As you can see from the pics, no sign of the white frosting on the base now, or anywhere else on the model. The flat coat seemed otherwise identical and did not effect the model at all otherwise.  I typically leave the bases to dry over night, so I'll continue that practice next time and try not to rush things.


She cuts a fierce profile...


I feel I should return to the back of this model some time.  Too much steel.  maybe some trim around the exhausts/vents or something...


It's a small thing, but perhaps I could have organized the stripes to be the same angle in profile.

"Don't step on the generator, my Princepts!"

With that, I'm going to give my self a big seal o' done. Stay safe out there.


Cheers and Happy Gaming!

1 comment: