Sunday, October 1, 2023

On the Workbeanch [October] - Leviathan Marines!

 

Welcome to another On the Workbench post.  For this month, I needed to have the Ballistus Dreadnought  assembled and ready DreadTober 2023. This dread goes together very easily and was fun to work on.  Coming from the 2nd ed. era of WH40K, I definitely love the modern Primaris take on the classic metal fire support dreadnought. Come back throughout DreadTober to see how this model progresses TO DONE.

The Leviathan box Apothecary Biologis got assembled and based.  This will be a fun character to paint, for certain.

The Leviathan Captain in Terminator Armor will be a fine Master for the Dark Angels.  These push-fit models make painting as sub-assemblies pretty easy.  I am gluing things, but it's nice to leave bits off to making painting in the tight areas easier.

The Leviathan Librarian in Terminator armor is another case-in-point for the sub-assemblies.

Yay, another Lieutenant!! :)

I never bothered with Sternguard Veterans for the Dark Angels, but their primaris-sized cousins are pretty cool, so why not?? I think these days I've just gone with the flow, trying not to over think things.

And last, but certainly not least, we have the Leviathan box Terminators.  Finally some decent sized Deathwing terminators for my growing Primaris force...are these Primaris marines in Terminator armor or not? I think GW has been careful not to go there, but I have to read more in the book(s). They don't call them Primaris Terminators...so maybe the first born just got bigger pants? 😂 Honestly it doesn't matter a bit - It is just cool to get some decent sized terminators.  Maybe a new resized Deathwing Knights kit will come out way over time...

So that's what's been on the workbench recently. No Infernus marines yet, but they'll get built soon enough, if for no other reason than to fill out the basic Leviathan box list. Once assembled, these models don't give away much if anything from their easy-to-build heritage.  Sure, they are mono-pose which stands out when you try to field them en mass.  But on their own, they look excellent.

It's DreadTober for the remainder of the month, so check back frequently to join in the fun!

Cheers and Happy Gaming!






6 comments:

  1. Quite a lot of building done! Looking forward to your Ballistus! Those models from the Leviathan box are really nice, they'll look great as Dark Angels.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, they are fun to work with. DreadTober!!

      Delete
  2. That's quite the pile you've built.
    I echo your thoughts about the fire support dread and the Redemptor version, it looks like a great update.
    Will it be in green or bone at the end of the month?
    I must admit that the new lieutenant ("yay") is my favourite model from the set.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm painting the Ballistus in Green w/9th company fire support markings. This veteran will go nicely with the squad of 9th company Aggressors I built recently and the to-be-completed 9th company captain in Gravis armor. If I paint a Redemptor chassis in bone, it will likely be the Brutalis (a model I don't own yet).

      Delete
  3. Crumbs! That is a lot of progress already; best wishes with the painting!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I will admit to making a habit of starting painting challenges with the model finished and at least ready for primer, sometimes primed. I like to have the full month for the painting.

      Delete