Thursday, October 26, 2023

DreadTober 2023 - TO DONE

 

Greetings and welcome back.  I was able to complete my pledge of one Ballistus Dreadnought in ample time for DreadTober this year.  While a larger model, it seemed much easier than the infantry and bike models I have been painting recently. less fiddly in the details, I think.  

Dark Angels 9th Company Ballistus Dreadnought

And here it stands in the light box after a solid coat of matte varnish.  I freely admit to doing nothing special here.  It's a straight up Dark Angels scheme, no free hand, no creative battle damage.  But I still love it!

Dark Angels 9th Company Ballistus Dreadnought

It was a challenge to leave so much free space on this dreadnought.  I wanted to plaster it with transfers - so much space for creativity there.  But in the end I stayed utilitarian and kept things simple (relatively so for the Astartes!)

Dark Angels 9th Company Ballistus Dreadnought
 
 
Dark Angels 9th Company Ballistus Dreadnought

So there we have the first Dread of the 9th Fire Support Company of the Dark Angels Chapter. It's been fun to step away a bit from my usual 5th Company projects to add more models to the collection. Here's a quick shot of the Ballistus next to a 5th Company Redemptor Dreadnought.

Dark Angels Dreadnoughts

I painted the Redemptor in June of 2022 and I'm pleased that these two match up very well side by side.  Painting recipes help a lot here. And that's a wrap on another DreadTober challenge (my 8th so far).


Best of luck to the DreadTober challengers working hard to complete their projects! There is some great work out there this year, as always.

Cheers and Happy Gaming!

 




6 comments:

  1. I've had the same expericence recently whilst painting a Rhino - the bigger panels make for a different feel than painting infantry models.
    The result looks great! Lovely to see these two big Dreadnoughts side by side!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks great.
    I actually like the stark utilitarian look to him, really sells it was a Warmachine.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful work, your Dreads look great together too!

    ReplyDelete