Thursday, November 2, 2023

On the Workbench [November] - Dark Angels Company Heroes!

 

Dark Angels Company Heroes WIP

Greetings and welcome back.  For November, I've chosen to complete a unit of Company Heroes to serve as a command squad for Lazarus in the 5th company. I have been collecting the various unique Space Marine character models that have come out. So I decided NOT to buy the new company heroes box when it released.  I had already painted up the special edition Primaris Ancient as a 5th Company standard bearer.  So I used the special edition champion and recent lieutenant boxes to build a Dark Angels Company Champion and Company Veteran.  Then I turned to eBay for the heavy bolter veteran from the newly released heroes box to complete the unit.

Dark Angels Company Champion WIP

I added a classic winged helmet to the champion and a Veteran's tilting shield. There's another bit or too on the belt as well to add some Dark Angels feel to the model. The new champion in the heroes box is fine, but I had this one and I like the pose a bit better.

Dark Angels Company Veteran WIP

The special edition lieutenant kit had all the perfect bits for the bolter veteran so this is built pretty stock with some DA shoulder pads. I used the original champion head here too to make this model stand out a bit more as a company veteran. I *think* there was a back pack switch, but I honestly can't remember.

Dark Angels Company Veteran WIP

The heavy bolter veteran is built stock with no embellishments. Coming form the company heroes box set, he's already looking veteran enough.  With some Dark Angels transfers he'll fit right in. I would have pulled this model from somewhere else too, except the data sheet is so specific on the model's load out with no options. Other than the recent Sternguard, we don't have Primaris heavy bolter models to choose from. And this model is unique and built for the part. I'm looking forward to painting these up in November to match the Company Ancient and complete the 5th command cadre for my collection.

Dark Angels Infernus Squad WIP

Oh, I almost forgot - I also assembled the Leviathan box Infernus Marine squad and got them based and ready for paint one day. Bonus!  I like to take a painting break to build models which really is my passion in the hobby. These were easy to assemble and look great.  I like the push fit just so I can remove the arms later for painting.  Nice little hack! 

Dark Angels Horus Heresy heavy Support Squad with Mars pattern Lascannon

Ok, so I also snuck in a 5 marine Mars pattern lascannon squad for the Horus Heresy Dark Angels.  These fellas are in Mark VI armor using the Forge World shoulders and heads. I'm never going to have time to paint all the infantry for this force, but it sure is fun to get 'em built! 😂


Cheers and Happy Gaming!
 


2 comments:

  1. That's a nice selection of models to work on. Kitbashing Space Marines has to be one of the most enjoyable activities in the hobby!

    ReplyDelete