Friday, July 15, 2022

WIP - Warmaster Titan for Adeptus Titanicus - part 5

 Legio Ignatum Warmaster Titan for Adeptus Titanicus WIP 

Greetings!  I'm Back from family vacation and back in the hobby.  It was a slow start this week with a lot of other competing priorities taking my time.  But progress was made.There is a lot going on with this Warmaster, and I'm realizing I'll have to put some time in to get all the details painted to my own standards.  This week I poked at a few of those details.
 
Legio Ignatum Warmaster Titan for Adeptus Titanicus WIP
 
I base coated and shaded the scroll work on the upper carapace.  I'll be using some fine tip pens to put some test there at some point.
 
Legio Ignatum Warmaster Titan for Adeptus Titanicus WIP 
 
I started the week working on completing the legs, when I noticed there was some small armor pieces on the skeleton that I had missed in my initial paint work.  Two small red sections are shown above to ether side of the groin armor.
 
 Legio Ignatum Warmaster Titan for Adeptus Titanicus WIP 
 
Here are the same sections from the other side of the legs.

Legio Ignatum Warmaster Titan for Adeptus Titanicus WIP

Then I found these pieces on either side of the ankles.  So not much surface area painted, but managed to fill up one of my weekly hobby sessions (I only manage to fit in 2 - 3 2hr sessions/week typically).  Of course, I would have made more progress if Horus Heresy 2.0 hadn't dropped recently.  I spent one hobby session this week building 5 additional Tactical Support marines with plasmaguns.

Horus Heresy Dark Angels Plasma Tactical Support Squad WIP

These new marines will bulk out my initial tactical support squad to 10 marines. Once the Warmaster titan is complete, I'll be switching into more Heresy era Dark Angels. I have been bulking out my existing collection by finally building the remaining plastic marines I had on hand from the prior two heresy box sets. The new marines will wait until the Dark Angels Mark VI upgrades are released (shoulder pads and heads).  I also have a a lot of armor waiting to be painted, including three rhinos still in the box. So lots of Heresy era projects to look at.  

But back to the Warmaster...I'll be putting decals on soon and then soldiering on with the detail work.  Some days, I feel like the project is almost done.  Other days it looks like its only half done.  Regardless, I'm back in the hobby saddle and progress will be made.

Cheers and Happy Gaming!

2 comments: