Friday, December 3, 2021

Aeronautica Imperialis WIP - Wings of Vengeance Planes Part IV

 

Aeronautica Imperialis Ork Air Waaagh! WIngs of Vengeance WIP

Greetings and welcome to part IV of the Wings of Vengeance painting project.  The Ork planes are SOOOOO close to done at this point. I'm working on the bombs and rockets and that's it.  So I expect to post the TO DONE pics early next week.

Aeronautica Imperialis Ork Air Waaagh! Dakkajets WIP

Since the last post, I painted in all the metal details with Pro Acryl Dark Silver, then the cockpit glass. On the dakkajets I picked out a few more glyphs in white that I missed before. The cockpit glass is Pro Acryl Bold Titanium White with a blue wash from Secret Weapon Miniatures.

Aeronautica Imperialis Ork Air Waaagh! Fighta Bommers WIP

The metals got a good coat of GW Nuln Oil before I got into the highlighting.

Aeronautica Imperialis Ork Air Waaagh! Dakkajets WIP

I used Pro Acryl Orange to highlight the red.  This adds some nice definition to the various raised portions of the planes.

Aeronautica Imperialis Ork Air Waaagh! Fighta Bommers WIP

Last up for this week, I highlighted the metal areas with Pro Acryl Silver and then put the same Pro Acryl Golden Yellow on all the bombs and rockets. 

Aeronautica Imperialis Ork Air Waaagh! Dakkajets WIP

This allows for better contrast on the metal.  I'll put some GW Agrax Earthshade over the bombs and rockets and then see what's next.  There are plates and shards that lend themself to a second color for interest.  Maybe white, similar to the shards on the wings, maybe red for better contrast. I'll cross that bridge when I get there.

Aeronautica Imperialis Ork Air Waaagh! Fighta Bommers WIP
 

Hope the progress has been interesting.  At some point I'll post up the complete paint recipe for anyone curious - and so I get it right when I move on to the other ork planes in the collection. My plan is to use a similar approach to painting the bases as was done for the Imperial planes.  However, I want to use some different colors for each faction to further separate them on the battle field.  So not sure what Orks will get...I need to think ahead to Tau, Eldar and Necrons so I have a scheme for each and don't box myself out of any good options.

How are your projects going? Let me know in the comments.

Stay safe out there.

Cheers and Happy Gaming!




No comments:

Post a Comment