Wednesday, November 25, 2020

Dark Angels Ravenwing Outriders - Part 2

 

Greetings.  Two bikes have been highlighted so far, so I figured I'd put up a short post with some closeups of the work.  I like how these are coming out.  The highlighting takes me forever though.  Basically one bike a session so far...so like 2 hours a piece. Ugh. To be fair, I'm binge watching Netflix and taking frequent breaks to watch as I go.

Definitely looking like members of the Ravenwing.  I'll get decals on once I complete the highlighting.

As promised, the Sergeant's gun barrel has been restored to its former glory. We get a look at the beady head lights too here. I guess the Primaris use the new LED lamps now...no need for the incandescent lamps with the clunk frill covers for these elite warriors.

The Ravenwing banners look like part of the kit. I'm loving that.  I was pleased I had hung on to these extras in the bits box. The symbols look right at home on the front armor too.

I guess if you've seen one, you've seen them all,  You won't hurt my feelings if you scroll away now. :)

Not sure I'd want to be standing in this fella's way...

So there we have two of the three bikes looking pretty good.  I'll have the third bike done and the decals on this week around the US holiday I think. Then the bases need some paint.  If I can get these boys done this month, I'll have all December to complete the remaining seven models form the Indomitus set.  If I include Lazarus it'll be eight, but he's outside the goal of this challenge so I can't let him slow me down.  He just happens to be primed and ready to go.

For those celebrating here in the US, Happy Thanksgiving!  This year has totally sucked, but we can be grateful for those still with us and whatever we can make of next year. Listen to your Commissar, every day above ground is a good day.

Stay safe.

Cheers and Happy Gaming!

2 comments:

  1. Great work! These look really nice in the Ravenwing scheme.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Mike. I agree. With the few Ravenwing add-ons, they look made for the 2nd company.

      Delete