Tuesday, December 1, 2020

Dark Angels Ravenwing Outriders - Part 3

 

Dark Angels Ravenwing Outriders WIP

Ahh...I love a good feast holiday.  Thanksgiving offered up some peace and good food as well as some extra hobby time.  The Ravenwing Outriders are basically completed now.  I'm going to go over them one more time to clean up and attend to any missed details. Then I'll varnish them and move on to the remaining Indomitus models. 

Dark Angels Ravenwing Outriders WIP

While the bases dried, I applied decals.  I have to say these push fit models can be a pleasure to work with once you get past the lack of pose-ability.  I was able to do some easy base work by just popping the models off, for example.  Then when I had everything ready, I just glued them down.

Dark Angels Ravenwing Outriders WIP

No base paint cleanup on the models, and I was able to paint the undersides of the bikes all while having a convenient base to pop them back into while painting to avoid having them laying about and getting scratched. All easier than pinning them to a painting handle of some sort.

Dark Angels Ravenwing Outriders WIP

I had some fun with the decals.  These outriders are members of 1st squad. Which I put on their shoulders and the left side of their bikes, so there could be no confusion when viewed from either side during battle. 

Dark Angels Ravenwing Outriders WIP

I added an Indomitus campaign batch to the back banners and the Ravenwing company symbol on the left shoulders as expected.  I then put the Dark Angels chapter symbol on the front of the bikes..

Dark Angels Ravenwing Outriders WIP

The sergeant also got rank skulls to either side of the front armor; again to avoid confusion during the heat of battle. Then I pondered the bike controls...and in the end bailed on a simple green screen and buttons.  Perhaps I'll come back in with some freehand details on the screen one day. I don't feel I could do a good job there that would be to scale with the small screens.

Dark Angels Ravenwing Outriders WIP

Maybe a simple targeting screen will suffice sometime when I'm feeling particularly gifted with the brush. It's a tight area for pens, once fully assembled. Anyway, with all the other detail on the models, I'm pleased with the screens. They get the point across just fine as is. Maybe some edge highlights...

So that's where these guys are currently.  I'll put up some details photos in the light box and call them done soon.

I hope the US folks had a fun and safe holiday.

Cheers and Happy Gaming!


2 comments:

  1. Great work! I love putting transfers on the Bikers, it's so easy to do with all the flat surfaces.

    ReplyDelete