Monday, March 2, 2020

Monster March 4 Pledge and Kick-off

image courtesy of swordmasterofhoeth.blogspot.com

Welcome to Monster March!  Last year, during #MonsterMarch3, I painted up a Legio Tempestus Warlord titan for Adeptus Titanicus.  Since that time, I realized that I was not going to find a gaming friend to join in this game with me - at least not at the level of collecting and painting models.  Undaunted, I decided that I was just going to have to build a second Legio so I could field both sides in a regular game of Adeptus Titanicus.  That way I could invite folks to play and try the game out without any commitment on their part other than time.

Adeptus Titanicus Warlord Titan WIP


So I begin #MonsterMarch4 with my second Warlord titan with all the trappings (well, with many trapping, anyway...).  This monster will be painted in the livery of Legio Ignatum. The Legio Ignatum were part of the Triad Ferrum Morgulus, the three original Titan Legions founded during the Age of Strife, along with Legio Tempestus and Legio Mortis.  This gives me a strong Mars theme for the models and allows me to play them either allied or opposed since Legio Tempestus split their loyalties during the Horus Heresy. The AT game appears to be pushing Tempestus as a traitor legio now too, so be it.

Full disclosure: the model was assembled, fully magnetized, last year.  To make up for that, I built a Warbringer which will serve as a stretch goal for the challenge. I don't want anyone to think I'm getting off easy!


Adeptus Titanicus Warbringer Titan WIP
A Naked Warbringer Titan - brrrrrrrrr
Now on with the painting!  This week I'll be priming both models and then hitting the base colors on the armor and skeleton of the Warlord.  Any leftover time will be used to make bonus progress on the Warbringer.  Check back towards the end of the week to see where I get.

Best of luck to the other #MonsterMarch4 challengers. There is some great projects going on out there.

Cheers and Happy Gaming!

4 comments:

  1. Good stuff setting yourself a stretch goal and all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck on the challenge! I'm wondering how the Warbringer sizes up next to a Warlord titan, but I'm afraid to ask. I've already added it to my 'wants' list, so please don't tell me 'quite nicely' because March has started expensively enough as is ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll likely get them in the same shot at some point over the month. I will say that the Warbringer stands a bit taller than the Reaver and a bit shorter than the Warlord. So pretty much right in between and basically on the same comparable scale as the 28mm Forge World equivalents.

      Delete