Thursday, March 5, 2020

Monster March 4 AT Warlord Titan - Week One Progress

AT Warlord Titan WIP

Well, we're almost a week into Monster March 4 and it's time to share my progress so far.  This week, I set out to prime the Warlord and get as much base paint as possible on it.  Any time left over was to be used to make progress on the Warbringer titan bonus project.

Adeptus Titanicus Warlord Titan for Legio Ignatum WIP

I primed the model with an airbrush using Vallejo Surface Primer Black.  Then Scale 75 Black Metal was used for pretty much anything that wasn't an armor panel.  Vallejo Game Air Bloody Red was sprayed over a base coat of Vallejo Panzer Brown.  Black panels were sprayed with GW Abaddon Black.

Adeptus Titanicus Warlord Titan for Legio Ignatum WIP - weapons

Above I have all the warlord weapon options laid out along with the head and a couple loose armor panels.  There is going to be a lot of detail painting for this project.  I am planning to try out the airbrush when painting the plasma effects. But still...a lot of brush work to go.  Oh, and the black shoulders should be sporting yellow chevrons or hazard stripes as well.

Adeptus Titanicus Warlord Titan for Legio Ignatum WIP  - armor

Most of the armor is still on sprue to make things easier during painting.  Several of the black panels will be masked off for yellow chevrons/hazard stripes. That will hopefully get done during week two.  A few of the smaller bits will remain black (the knees for instance, and one of the shields.)

Adeptus Titanicus Warbringer Titan for Legio Ignatum WIP

This was great progress for the week, so I rewarded myself by batch painting the Warbringer right along side while I had the colors in the air brush.

Adeptus Titanicus Warbringer Titan for Legio Ignatum WIP

Pretty much the same drill, just different areas to paint on the Warbringer.  I had fun thinking about what colors would go where so each titan bears the Legio colors in a unique heraldry.

Adeptus Titanicus Warbringer Titan for Legio Ignatum WIP

I have a few less weapons for the Warbringer at this point. Still a decent amount of detail work to do.  The Warlord must get finished to complete the Monster March 4 challenge, so the Warbringer is pure bonus.

Adeptus Titanicus Warbringer Titan for Legio Ignatum WIP  - weapons

But it appears to have MANY more armor panels, even if they are a bit smaller than those on the warlord. Of course, for the Warlord, I had removed the panels I'm not used and tossed them in the bitz box some time ago when it was assembled.  For the Warbringer, I decided to prime everything, even though I won't be using the redundant panel options.

Adeptus Titanicus Warbringer Titan for Legio Ignatum WIP  - armor

So that's where week one has brought me.  The family will be off for a five day trip, so I will only have one post next week at the end to share any progress I make once I'm back in the hobby man cave. I look forward to seeing where the rest of the challengers have got to.
image courtesy of swordmasterofhoeth.blogspot.com

Best of luck to all of the Monster March 4 challengers.

Cheers and Happy Gaming!

6 comments:

  1. Looks great! I really like your previous post about magnetising the parts as well, really good idea!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a must do for these titans unless you have a lot of free cash to spend on multiple models for various configurations. Plus it's just plain fun!

      Delete
  2. Nicely done, I must get my AT out at some point, but I've too many 28mm scale Titans to do first!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well yeah...I wouldn't spend a moment on these baby titans if I had the 28mm ones laying about! :) Your (and the Club's) work on them inspires my work here in miniature for certain!!

      Delete