Wednesday, February 19, 2020

Squaduary 2020 Week 3 Progress - TO DONE

Blackstone Fortress Hostiles

Coming to the end of Squaduary 2020 week three and it's time to reveal my progress.  I was able to complete the twelve models I set out to paint, pretty much right on schedule.  As mentioned in earlier posts, I'm away for business all next week so it was important that I wrapped things up this year in three weeks instead of four.  I'm very happy with the results and it was truly great fun to paint something completely different this time around.  All models were finished off with a generous coat of Model Masters Lusterless Flat lacquer.

Blackstone Fortress Spindle Drones

The spindle drones were completed first.  A pretty simple paint job and an easy win. Here they are posed on a Blackstone Fortress tile for comparison.  I love the look.  I'll offer a final shout out to White Metal Games for the base design inspiration.

Blackstone Fortress Spindle Drone - front

During week three I tweaked the drone lenses with a drop of orange to brighten up the center a bit.

Blackstone Fortress Spindle Drones - back

These models are identical so I'll spare you a full set of close ups. This post is already pretty picture heavy.

Blackstone Fortress Ur-Ghuls

The Ur-Ghuls were painted next. I had a lot of fun with the colorful shading. These guys have been complete since the end of week one and no more work was done on them in week three.

Blackstone Fortress Ur-Ghul - front

A bit over exposed still here, but I think you get the idea.

Blackstone Fortress Ur-Ghul - back

Fun and simple to paint. I enjoy these models and only wish there were four unique poses, instead of just two.

Blackstone Fortress Ur-Ghul - front

I'm not showing all four Ur-Ghul as a result, just examples of the two poses and how they came out.

Blackstone Fortress Ur-Ghul - back

Last up were the Choas Beastmen.  More work, of course, but still very fun to paint.  Lots of detail on these goat men.

Blackstone Fortress Chaos Beastmen

I put a bit more time into these models; they deserve it. During week three, I added additional highlights, some shading and color around the faces, and tidied up all the little details (skull trinkets, etc.).  I won't discuss each pic below, but I included front and back pics of all four models since they are individual enough to warrant the attention.

Blackstone Fortress Chaos Beastman - front

Blackstone Fortress Chaos Beastman - back

Blackstone Fortress Chaos Beastman - front

Blackstone Fortress Chaos Beastman - back

Blackstone Fortress Chaos Beastman - front

Blackstone Fortress Chaos Beastman - back

Blackstone Fortress Chaos Beastman - front

Blackstone Fortress Chaos Beastman - back

So that's going to earn me another big seal o' DONE for Squaduary 2020.


Best of luck to my fellow challengers during week four as they draw their own projects to completion.  This has been another great challenge and I look forward to sharing in many more to come.  Many, many thanks to thousandeyes and steppingbetweengames for hosting Squaduary 2020.  It's been a blast!

When I get back it'll be time for tiny titans and #MonsterMarch4!

Cheers and Happy Gaming!

6 comments:

  1. Well done DAM, you've really motored through these and they look ace.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well done for getting them all done. Fan of the Beastmen in particular.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! They were more fun to paint than I expected. Actually looking forward to all the chaos models now.

      Delete