Thursday, August 22, 2019

WIP: Blades of Vengeance Primaris Characters

Blades of Vengeance characters WIP

For my next project, I decided to put some time in on my Primaris marines chapter Blades of Vengeance.  The Blades of Vengeance are a Dark Angels successor chapter.  Since the Dark Angels like to keep their Primaris marines at arms length, I think it makes sense to run an all-primaris Unforgiven successor chapter, rather than paint them up as assimilated Dark Angels brothers.  So far, I have only painted one Primaris unit in Dark Angels livery, a 10-man Hellblasters squad.  I'm contemplating a paint job update on that squad to move them to the Blades, but we'll see...

The characters above are a useful mix of Lieutenants, a chapter Ancient, Master, and Librarian. Completion of this project nets me a variety of characters to run in any basic game.  I have several more characters to add, but this is enough to get me started.

The Dark Angels codex illustrates Primaris Lieutenants without the codex markings on their helmet.  And we don't have such artwork specifically for the Blades of Vengeance. Thinking about it, I wanted to be able to quickly identify the Lieutenants on the table (as well as within my own collection) so I'm going with codex rank markings on the helmets.  A single red stripe for Sergeants, Bone and red for Lieutenants (as shown above), and a single bone stripe for Masters and other master-level characters if appropriate. Using bone instead of white will be my nod to the common chapter colors of the unforgiven.

Blades of Vengeance WIP

Here's what I have assembled so far for the Blades of Vengeance. I have been slowly collecting all the various units and individual models has they become available.  Most recently, I assembled and primed the Vanguard models...

Blades of Vengeance WIP

I have a Repulsor and Redemptor Dreadnought waiting on the hobby shelves as well.  And I'll be looking at the new Repulsor variant and a hovering rhino model (or two).  This is a slow burn project to go along with my 30K Dark Angels, AT models, etc..  I will make regular progress, but I don't have a specific goal or deadline in mind at this point.  I'm in this primarily for the hobby, and I enjoy a variety of fun projects to move between to keep each hobby week fresh and prevent burnout.

I'll close with a custom decal sheet I made for this army using graphics form the 'net.

custom Blades of Vengeance transfer sheet

I hope to use these custom transfers for shoulder pads and vehicle markings to avoid having to freehand every model.

Stay tuned for more Blades of Vengeance in coming posts.

Cheers and Happy Gaming!

No comments:

Post a Comment