Monday, August 19, 2019

WIP: Adeptus Titanicus Legio Tempestus Warlord Titan - Part 1


Gladius Noctis walks!  While taking a brief break from painting after completing four Warhounds, I decided to assemble the second Warlord I had waiting in the wings for my Legio Tempestus force.  I picked up this warlord particularly for the new weapons before I realized the new weapons were going to be available separately.   Iin hindsight, it's still cool to have the extra Warlord in any case for sharing the game with friends who don't have models of their own.  With 2 Warlords, 2 Reavers, and 4 Warhounds (plus a variety of knights), I can easily sponsor games with no additional models needed.  Sure it'll look odd to have models from the same Legio fighting each other, but its the Horus Heresy era, right?  And Tempestus is already known to play on both sides so there it is.

And...I love the Warlord kit!  I could have ten of these bad boys no problem.  It's a fun kit to assemble and pose, easy to magnetize and has lots of options.  As I did with Ascraeus Magnificat, all weapons are magnetized for easy swapping to facilitate game play (where rules can dictate what works for a game better than the rule of cool).  I can pose the models as I want for the display case, while outfitting them to be competitive as necessary for games (that I'm not playing anyway - ed).


Of course, it all starts with the base. I thought it might be fun for this lumbering giant to be coming down off higher ground as it surges forward to destroy the enemies of mankind. This counters the pose of Ascraeus Magnificat who appears stepping up onto higher ground or crossing some uneven ground.


It was easy to fill in the gaps with my standard basing material.  Prior to priming the model, I'll lay down a thin layer of Vallejo Black Lava over the surfaces of the cork material to give a more land-like look and to hide the cork texture.


Hopefully the two mighty titans will complement each other nicely once Gladius Noctis is complete.


On to the fun stuff - interchangeable arms! The Plasma Annihilators will pair nicely with Volcano Cannon. The carapace-mounted laser blasters add to the options, though I'd expect to use Apocalypse Missile Launchers in most games. Everything is magnetized with matching polarity so all weapons can be swapped between both titans.


And lets not forget the Mori Quake Cannon and the Macro Gatling Blaster!  I also picked up an extra Volcano Cannon weapon sprue so I have an additional pair of volcano cannon and Apocalypse Missile launchers to round things out.  Lots of weapons to outfit the two Warlords with.  Here are a few shots of Gladius Noctis fully assembled.



Looking grim with Plasma Annihilator and Power Claw.


Going all John Woo with paired Plasma Annihilators.


Trying out one of Ascraeus Magnificat's volcano cannon. This pic was taken before I had assembled the extra weapons from the new frame, but illustrates the interchangeability of the weapons between titans.  The weapons will be painted in a manner to compliment both titans as well so it won't matter which weapons go with which titan in the end.  The core heraldry making each titan unique will be applied to the main torso and legs.

However, Gladius Noctis will have to head to the back of the line for painting.  I plan to work on a few units for my Blade of Vengeance Primaris chapter next.  Then it's likely I'll paint up the new Forgeworld 30K Dark Angels Contemptor for DreadTober. But this mighty titan won't have to wait too long.  I'm eager to complete all of the titans for Legio Tempestus.  I'm also thinking about adding a third Reaver too (with interchangeable power claw/chainfist), but we'll see. I seriously can't get enough of these tiny titans!

That's it for today.

Cheers and Happy Gaming!

2 comments:

  1. Not had enough of the Camo work yet then? Lol. Hutton for punishment.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Heh, yes, that. In for a penny in for a pound, right? I cried crocodile tears the other day when I realized that the camo pattern featured in Forgeworld black book references titans that turned to Horus..which wouldn't have been so bad had I not been focused on LOYALIST engines... *sigh* So yes, camo...and traitors, and all.

      Delete