Tuesday, September 4, 2018

On the Workbench [September] - Scatter Terrain and Objectives



Taking a break from painting projects, I took some time to relax and knock out some more scatter terrain and objectives that could be used in 40K, Necromunda, or Kill team.  There is something satisfying in putting together these little piles of equipment.


I had collected the bits for these pallets and other gear some time ago and had them waiting in a bin for quite some time.  It felt great to get them out and build them into something useful at last.  I put together three pieces; one large one staged on an unused Imperial Knight base, and two more on 60mm dreadnought bases.



And the last piece...



These pieces will get a coat of primer then head onto the painting queue.  I'm in no rush to get them painted.  I use pieces like this when I need a break from other projects.  Pain tin small terrain like this is a different experience from painting characters, squads and other minis.  It allows me to continue to put work in my fundamental skills while also relaxing and taking it easy.

Next up on the workbench will be some shots of my assembled Kill Team terrain.

Cheers and Happy Gaming!

4 comments:

  1. Brilliant job, I did the same with mine! https://weemen.blogspot.com/search/label/Objectives

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I remember that post, and even commented on it at the time! I love the use of the dead marine from space hulk. Very thematic.

      Delete
    2. Ah ha, you were Dave M? Thank you, I meant the others too if you scroll down, the barrels and the ammo crate, was easier to just post all Objectives keyword... lol.

      Delete
    3. Oh, heh. My bad. I got carried away with recalling that top post and didn't notice that was a search of all the objectives posts. I'm totally stealing the melta bombs for mine. I have tones in the bitz box and they add fun variety. I had to comment on the fuel pump scratch build. great stuff!

      Delete