Friday, July 27, 2018

WIP: Deathwatch Librarian w/Jump pack - Part 4

Deathwatch Librarian with Jump Pack WIP front

During my last session of the week, I addressed the tabard trim, laid down some earth on the base and began some subtle glow effects in the jump pack nozzles.  I also layered on a few coats of GW Drakenhof Nightshade over the psyker helm and the left hand holding the force ax. Small improvements, but marching towards completeness none-the-less.

Deathwatch Librarian with Jump Pack WIP back

The white trim was base coated with GW Eshin Gray, then painted over with GW White Scar. I then added a pin wash of Nuln Oil after cleaning up the lines.

Deathwatch Librarian with Jump Pack WIP OSL detail on jump jets

The jump pack nozzles where hand painted with GW white scar, then shaded with GW Drakenhof Nightshade followed by a heavy wash of thinned down Lothern Blue.  After that dried, I came back in with an edge highlight of GW white scar.  Similar to the jump pack Watch Captain, I am imagining that the jump jets are powered, but not currently engaged.  Anyway,something to play with. :)

So that's it for this week.  I hope to post up a TO DONE post next week.  It'll be family time this weekend, so I won't get back to the hobby for a couple days.

Cheers and Happy Gaming!

No comments:

Post a Comment