Thursday, December 22, 2022

Aeronautica Imperialis Necron Aircraft - To DONE

Necron Aircraft for Aeronautica Imperialis

Greetings and welcome to what is likely to be my last post for the year. After completing the Skies of Fire box set for Aeronautica Imperialis, I wasn't quite done painting tiny airplanes.  So I broke out the Necrons and had a great time putting paint on them over a couple sessions.

Necron Aircraft WIP for Aeronautica Imperialis

 This is what they looked like prior to drybrushing highlights.  I used all Proacryl paints for the Necrons. I thinned the light green to a heavy shade consistency with a custom matte medium mix and used a brush with a good point to run the green into the recesses of the hull designs. A quick wipe of the finger here and there cleaned up anything that got out of the lines.

Necron Doom Scythes and Night Scythes for Aeronautica Imperialis

I was short one painted base for these fliers, but I'll get to that before too long.  The next time I paint planes (likely to get some Aedari painted), I'll batch paint another lot and cover this one too.

Necron Doom Scythes and Night Scythes for Aeronautica Imperialis

I went with a simple metal look for the Necrons.  I'm not a Xenos painter in general, and for game pieces I wasn't interested in going into too much depth here.  I wanted something that looked decent and definitely read as Necron. My lighting washes out the green in the recesses, but it should show up in the larger pics if you choose to click through.

Necron Doom Scythe for Aeronautica ImperialisNecron Night Scythe for Aeronautica Imperialis

If I'm honest, my inspiration was probably more Cylon than Necron. 

Necron Night Shroud Bombers for Aeronautica Imperialis

The bombers came out well and certainly have a presence on the table.

Necron Night Shroud Bombers for Aeronautica Imperialis

I had fun with the bombs under the belly, keeping with the metallic theme while adding a surprise pop of color if one looks underneath.

Necron Night Shroud Bomber for Aeronautica Imperialis

And that brings me to a bonus ten planes completed from my collection of Aeronautica Imperialis models, plus another completed faction to play with.  The plan was to keep completing box sets before moving on to the other planes, but I knew these Necron aircraft would be quick to finish so it just felt right to plow through.  The Wrath of Angels box will be the next on the table when I return to little planes.  


 Heading into the new year, I'll likely go back to Adeptus Titanicus and the Horus Heresy Dark Angels.  There is Squaduary 2023 and #MonsterMarch to plan for.  January is a bit up in the air though.  I'll see where inspiration takes me over the holiday break as the year wraps up. I'm not expecting to post again before 2023.

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to all.

Cheers and Happy Gaming!


No comments:

Post a Comment