Tuesday, December 13, 2022

On the Workbench [December] - Adeptus Titanicus Warlord Titan

 

Warlord Titan for Adeptus Titanicus WIP
Gladius Noctis following the Rites of Assembly

Hello and welcome back! On the workbench today, I have a Warlord Titan for the Adeptus Titanicus game.  This engine will walk with Legio Ignatum as Gladius Noctis. I'm not sure when it will see paint, but I'm aiming for January.  I'm having a super fun time painting tiny planes, though, so we'll see.

Warlord Titan for Adeptus Titanicus WIP

Some what cliche at this point, but I do like a striding pose that is stepping up onto something.  I haven't built the base yet, so for now there is a piece of cork serving as a prop for the final pose.  Perhaps this mighty engine is squashing something flat, or perhaps it is simply striding across the uneven surface of it's home planet of Mars.

Warlord Titan for Adeptus Titanicus WIP
I managed a more "hips forward" striding pose this time around.  My early attempts had the hips rocked back a bit which looks awkward. I believe this attempt looks to have a more believable center of gravity.

Warlord Titan for Adeptus Titanicus WIP

With the carapace attached, the engine feels more balanced and less like it might stumble backwards. 😆

Warlord Titan for Adeptus Titanicus WIP

To match the rest of my tiny engines, all weapon mounts will be magnetized. I am gluing the legs to the bodies for stability while handling.  There are already enough issues with weapon arms getting knocked off occasionally while handling.  I don't need the whole upper torso toppling off.  To some degree this can be fixed with stronger magnets, of course, but I still find the whole thing too fiddly.  I learned this with knight titans for 40K.  It seems cool to torso twist, or come apart for storage.  In practice, the upper half seems to end up too spinney and the whole assembly seems fragile. But that's just my opinion.

More tiny planes later in the week.  The Imperial planes I have been working on are complete and waiting for their final lacquer coat before I take the final light box pics for the project.  Then its on to the T'au planes, which are basically half or two thirds done already.

I hope this holiday season treat you well, however you choose to celebrate it.

Cheers ad Happy Gaming!

No comments:

Post a Comment