Friday, August 12, 2022

WIP - Warmaster Titan for Adeptus Titanicus - part 8

 
Welcome back!  Just a short progress post today.  I can imagine that things won't look much different than last week.  Such is the way with the project at this point.  I worked primarily on additional cleanup and highlights - none of which stand out in the photos. I did add a message on the large scrolls across the front carapace. It would have looked much better in some fancy ancient Latin script, but that's just not my forte...so we have a hastily scrawled message applied by the serfs prior to engagement during the heresy on Mars.

 
The first highlights were a lighter gold, followed by a chrome silver on just the highest/sharpest points.  Both seem mostly washed out in the photos. Clicking through the full size images helps some.

Legio Ignatum Warmaster Titan for Adeptus Titanicus WIP

I then sprayed on a good coat of flat lacquer to seal things and protect the paint. This has dulled the gloss coat on the armor and added a unified fit and finish across the model.

Legio Ignatum Warmaster Titan for Adeptus Titanicus WIP

Next, I'll be applying the weathering powders on the base and touching up any last issues that stand out on final inspection.  Then this big lad is done and I'll post a final set of photos from the light box to call it quits.

Legio Ignatum Warmaster Titan for Adeptus Titanicus WIP

It's been a great, if long, project and I'm psyched to be finally drawing to a close here.  I love the results at this point.  There is always the opportunity to come back to these tiny titans and add additional weathering and what not.  For now, I've invested an appropriate amount of time in them and it's time to move on!
 

So one final Warmaster photo shoot next week and we're on to the Horus Heresy! I'll hopefully get two posts up next week too and get things hopping around here once again.  There really hasn't been enough material for two posts per week most times as I've been working on the Warmaster.

I wish you all the best with your own projects.

Cheers and Happy Gaming!

No comments:

Post a Comment