Wednesday, August 31, 2022

2022/23 Hobby Season To-Do List

 

Image courtesy of 40kaddict

It is time to join the 2022/23 Hobby Season with 40kaddict.  This is the sixth season that I'm formally taking part in and I'm looking forward to earning my stamps! Special thanks and a shout out to 40kaddict for the cool annual stamps and the inspiration to keep the mojo alive!

My To Do List for the 2022/23 season as it stands today:

The Horus Heresy

  • Complete two Dark Angels Legion Characters
  • Complete two Dark Angels Legion Infantry Units
  • Complete two Dark Angels Legion Vehicles
    • Completed two Predator tanks
  • Complete another Dreadnought
Warhammer 40K
  • Complete five Intercessors
Adeptus Titanicus
  • Complete Legio Tempestus Warmaster Iconoclast Titan
  • Complete Legio Tempestus Reaver
  • Complete Legio Ignatum Reaver
  • Complete some more weapon options
Aeronautica Imperialis
  • Complete another starter box, or another faction.
    • Completed Skies of Fire and Necron planes
Bonus Projects:
  • Complete Two More Blackstone Fortress Characters
  • Complete a Second Legio Ignatum Warlord Titan
    • Warlord Built...

When I head into a new hobby season, anything on the hobby shelves will be fair game as long as I make progress each month.  In this way, the list of goals will focus, but not constrain, my efforts. I am not playing many games, nor do I compete at all, so I do not need to work towards any external constraints.  This work is pure hobby joy for me - a chance to break from the responsibilities of Husband/Father/Worker and just chill out with something I'm really into.

I've chosen to keep 30K/40K/AT as my three main game systems that I want to put time into.  However, this season I'm adding Aeronuatica Imperialis as a forth to focus on.  The game is fun and more factions will make it more enjoyable overall for sporadic games with friends. Blackstone Fortress drops to the bonus section, but I REALLY need to get the last few adventurer models painted.

I welcome you to join me on this journey into the unknown as we enter into the 2022/23 Hobby Season. We have goals, but we also know there will be lots of new stuff coming out as we work on it all...how will the season turn out? Check back from time to time to see.

Cheers and Happy Gaming!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment