Monday, January 31, 2022

Squaduary 2022 Pledge - Adeptus Custodes

 

Adeptus Custodes WIP Squaduary 2022 Challenge


At 262Krieg, we love a good community hobby challenge.  From 2017 - 2020 we participated in the Squaduary event hosted over at steppingbetwengames.com by Thousand Eyes.  Last year the event did not happen, but we painted on anyway completing 12 Traitor Guardmen hostiles from the original Blackstone Fortress box set.  This year the community is back at it and we are again forging on with five Adeptus Custodes models.

Custodian Guard with Halberd WIP
My Emperor, why have you forsaken me?

The first is needed to fill out a total of nine Custodian Guard so I can field three minimum size squads.  I originally built 10 models, with one being a Vexilus and one being a Shield Captain.  This left eight standard Custodian Guard, which leaves two dudes out on their own when minimum sized squads are fielded.

Custodian Vexilus Praetor with Halberd WIP

The next model is a Vexilus Praetor built form the Custodian Wardens kit.  This is probably my favorite of the available poses for a Vexilus Praetor. Never mind the skill this warrior must poses to wield a two handed halberd while simultaneously managing a Vexilla. He's surely a Boss.

Custodian Wardens with Castellan Axes WIP

Last up will be a standard squad of Custodian Wardens armed with castellan axes. Very choppy! I love these models and it is hard to believe I haven't put paint on them yet.  I did paint up a Shield-Captain built from the same kit a while back though. He clearly needs some more axe wielding troops to lead! 

Custodian Shield-Captain with Castellan Axe

So, that's five models to paint to a high standard, hopefully matching the Shield-Captain above. Should be fun!  I'm looking forward to something new and not Guard after just completing a Death Korps of Krieg Veteran Guardsmen kill team from the Octarius box.  I'll post up the completed pics of that project later in the week.


What will you be painting in February?


Stay Safe out there.

Cheers and Happy Gaming!
















8 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Sorry, I was referring to 'If the Emperor had a Text-to-Speech device' youtube series. No disrespect intended :)

      Delete
    2. Ha! No disrespect felt. I knew I was missing something, just couldn't put my finger on it. Now I catch the reference. ;)

      Delete
  2. Ah excellent, I just asked on WeeMen comments if it was DKoK but you’ve already answered, I’ve just completed a squad of these (to be posted after Squaduary) and followed Duncan’s painting academy tutorial for great results, Shield Captain looks great too. My pledge (for other readers) will be 5x SM Bike Squad this year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Let the games begin! I had actually planned the DKoK for Squaduary until the Goonhammer Christmas Kill Team Challenge came up and that seemed the better fit!

      Delete
  3. Hello and great to see a Custodes pledge. I do love me some of the 10,000. Will add them to the current post.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Rory, thank for bring the challenge back this year. Best wishes for a solid 2022!

      Delete