Wednesday, May 19, 2021

Oh, So Many Knights - WIP

 

House Taranis Knights for Adeptus Titanicus WIP

In my over abundance of enthusiasm for Adeptus Titanicus, I decided to complete assembly of some recent kits sitting on the shelf. The goal was to pull together a full family shot of what I have so far.  These knights represent my House Taranis force in support of my two Triumverate legios, Ignatum and Tempestus.  As Horus's betrayal unfolded, legios and knight houses found themselves divided on both sides, often based on which crusade fleets they were attached to at the time fo the heresy.

In my collection, Legio Tempestus may serve Horus in actions against Legio Ignatum.  Rather than collect and paint two separate knight households to support the two legios, I'm going to collect just one household, House Taranis.  House Taranis served on both sides of the Horus Heresy, such that those most loyal to the Mechanicum and the Emperor began to replace the traditional blue with Mechanicum red - the color use currently in the 41st millenium.  I will represent this by painting my collection in a mix of the traditional blue/white for those loyal to Horus and the newer red/white for those remaining loyal to the Imperium. 

Then during games where my Legios are in conflict, I'll use the red/white models with Legio Ignatum and the blue/white models with Legio Tempestus.  In a large game, why not use all of my collection as Loyalists?  I am purposefully NOT using any Horus iconography on my Legio Tempestus titans so I can use them to represent a battle group still loyal to the Imperium. My Legio Tempestus battlegroup has only recently turned to horus, or perhaps fights on not yet aware that Horus has turned traitor.

Questoris Knights Magaera for Adeptus Titanicus WIP

On deck to be built were a few recent Forgeworld resin kits.  These Questoris Knights Magaera were the first to get assembled. So cute at this scale! They are reasonably easy to assemble, but watch out for some delicate, fiddly bits.  Resin can be so brittle.

Questoris Knights Styrix for Adeptus Titanicus WIP

The next to build were the Questoris Knights Styrix, basically the same model as the Magaera with different arms.

Cerastus Knights Atrapos for Adeptus Titanicus WIP

These Cerastus Knights Atrapos were the last to be completed.  Now we're getting bigger, but still so cute next to the larger titans.  These were very easy to assemble, quite straight forward. And with these three kits built, I had nothing left in the to-do pile for Adeptus Titanicus knights. The final family shot is at the top of the post. 28 knights ready to serve either legio of the Triumverate in my collection, bound by ancient Martian oaths.

I won't get to painting these for a while yet.  I have one Warmaster, one Warlord, and two Warhounds ahead of them in the AT painting queue so far. But at least these knights are assembled and playable for my games - which I hope to have a few more of as the immediate risks of Covid wane.

So that's it for my adventure with tiny knights.  Next up, we'll return to Blackstone Fortress with an update on Janus Draik.

Stay safe out there.

Cheers and Happy Gaming!

2 comments:

  1. That is quite the pile of Knights! I'm sure they will be amazing once you get them painted up.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sure is. I like the optimism of 'once'...some days I'm more like 'if'. :) But that's mostly because I'm easily distracted by painting the larger engines, among other projects.

      Delete