Boy, am I on a roll now. It's like a hobby avalanche. Between inspiration from #MonsterMarch5 and the release of the new Warmaster Titan, I just can't get enough enjoyment from my Adeptus Titanicus hobby projects. I've moved on from the Reaver Titan to two Warhound titans that I had assembled last year and left to do pile.
After completing all the trim on the airbrushed armor panels, I cleaned everything up (mistakes, over-spray, etc.) and glued on all the armor. I did not glue the waist joints at this point. I'm not magnetizing the waists, but it still helps to get at everything during painting if you don't attach the body to the legs until you get some of the body detail out of the way.
However, be warned. If you paint two warhounds at once like this, you MAY get the legs mixed up when you DO glue them back together. Compare the picture above with the title picture and you will see what I mean. Somewhere between working on details and gluing things together for final assembly, I got the legs mixed up. 😂 After careful consideration, and no small amount of cursing, I realized that the new configurations looked fine. In fact, I like the outcome better than the original configurations anyway. And so the painting carried on...
I really like how these Warhounds look in Legio Ignatum livery. I'm looking forward to adding decals/transfers! These picture were taken after the first pass of shading was dry and the waist joints had been glued (and after I stopped cursing).
So that's two Warhounds very much on their way to completion. I hope to post the finished pics next week. Then I have a terrain review/surprise to share. So a bit more Titanicus content to come before I eventually take a breather to work on some 28mm projects.
I hope all is well in your hobby world.
Stay safe out there.
Cheers and Happy Gaming!