Greetings and welcome to week 2 of #MonsterMarch5. I had some family vacation time this week, so progress was slow on the Titan. I finished the armor trim, shaded and dry brushed the skeleton and painted in some details (various pipes, etc.) that would later be hard to reach.
The cork was glued down to the base finally. I ended up inadvertently choosing a new layout for the various pieces. Next time, I will glue things down right away, rather than waiting. Anyway, this looks fine. :)
At one point, I got into a painting groove with the "Ciricrux Anima, and basically completed it.
Just a bit of a blue glowing look to dress things up a bit. I carried this effect into a few of the pipes/hoses going into the titan's head to tie things together.
At this point, I decided to start gluing the armor on. There's nothing left I need to paint behind the panels and now I need to start focusing on what the final model will look like. I used 2-part 5 minute epoxy so it's slow going with the armor being added in stages with some drying time in between. It takes longer, but the bond is solid without the brittleness of superglue, meaning bits don't pop off capriciously when handled.
I'll end with this rear facing companion pic to the title shot above. All the weapons are magnetized and added here just for the photo. Once I have the main body basically complete, I'll start painting all the weapon options. The armor is now all attached. Heading into week three, I'll move on to final details and highlights. The rear door to the Titan's body is currently black, and I think I'd like to paint it in hazard strips as Forge World did on the studio model. It's a nice burst of color on the otherwise drab metal back.
Check back next week to see how things progress. I have the base, and lots of weapons to complete so there's plenty to keep me busy for the remainder of the month.
Best wishes to my fellow MonsterMarchers.
Stay safe out there.
Cheers and Happy Gaming!