And so it began. I dove into my Monster March project by first priming all parts with Vallejo Surface Primer Black. Then I used Scale Color Black Metal (SC-63) to base coat the titan's skeleton and all the metal bits on the weapons. I then used Pro Acryl Coal Black from Monument Hobbies on the armor panels. I like this black a lot! Very flat and muted. I'm hoping it works well for this Warlord-Sinister.
For the head, I sprayed Pro Acryl Bronze over the "face", followed by a coat of Pro Acryl Light Bronze in the center. I played with Army Painter Strong Tone and GW Nuln Oil to develop deep shadows around the edges of the bronze while keeping the center/high point of the bulge shinier.
Then I broke out the Pro Acryl Rich Gold and and set to work on the trim...oh...so...much...trim. This is really a labor of love, but the results pop. My Warlord-Sinister will lean more to towards brass tones and away from the more copper tones of the Forge World studio model. What we see here will be shaded and highlighted so this is just a beginning.
The Ciricrux Anima has been shaded with Nuln Oil and just rests in place here for the photo. I'll pick out the void shield generators in bronze and there will be the usual highlights and what-not.
These feet took some time...so much little trim. You have to respect the great detail that goes into these models though. It's work, but still a real pleasure to paint up.
I had time to get trim on a few additional armor panels too. So as week one draws to a close, here's what I have to show for it. Not a bad start.
I have a short week two coming up, due to a family excursion, so no early post next week. Check back next Friday to see if I got anything done with the short week. I hope to get a couple sessions in after clearing away the cobwebs of home confinement.
Best wishes to all the other Monster Marchers out there. I look forward to checking out your results too.
Stay safe out there.
Cheers and Happy Gaming!