Thursday, January 21, 2021

Dark Angels Indomitus Judiciar - TO DONE

 

Dark Angels Indomitus Judiciar

Greetings.

It's time to call this Indomitus Judiciar DONE.  He's been great fun to paint and I found myself sinking into the minutia of details, where I could pick away with highlights, etc. ad nauseum.  So today I'm calling it quits so I can move on to the last character, a Chaplain.  I'm not painting the Indomitus Chaplain from the box, as I've decided that Chaplain will go to the Blades of Vengeance.  I'm using the older Primaris Chaplain with the cool robes for the Dark Angels. But I digress...on to the big stamp o' DONE.


I used this week to complete the hour glass, backpack, and miscellaneous other details I hadn't quite got to for the last WIP post.  The hourglass got red sand, something I took some time to decide.  I tried something new here, using a gloss varnish to help with the glass look. I recognize I could have done something with highlights to give the impression of glass as well, and maybe better. But this will do.

Dark Angels Indomitus Judiciar

I also put some more work into the buttons and button holes to make the robes a bit more interesting.  Some mud and dirt was dry brushed over the boots to tie the model to the base.

Dark Angels Indomitus Judiciar

The backpack was highlighted and the icon painted. some more button detail also visible below. So...many...buttons...

Dark Angels Indomitus Judiciar


The sword finishes up kind of plain, but it suits his chapter executioner role.  No power leads present, so I did not paint it as a power sword.

 

Dark Angels Indomitus Judiciar

And a last look at the right side, with more of the hourglass shown, and the pop of color from the green sleeve cuff.

Dark Angels Indomitus Judiciar

So there we have a completed Dark Angels Indomitus Judiciar.  Now to wait for the new codex to find out how either on or off the paint job is once we see the models role in that Chapter. 😂 I decided not to get too wound up over that so I could get the project done.  For the remainder of January I'll be working on the Chaplain.  Then for Squaduary 2021, I'm going to paint the fourteen chaos cultists guardsmen for Blackstone Fortress, so I can call the original set of hostiles done and move on to the characters.

I hope your projects are going well, and you are staying safe out there.

Cheers and Happy Gaming!



4 comments:

  1. Definitely got a grim reaper vibe going on for me, lovely. I use a lot of varnish instead of highlights these days too. Works perfectly here. I've been meaning to paint my Blackstone cultists for literally years now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Phwoar, he looks terrific, mate! Perfect head swap and I really like the paint job as well. He looks sinister as heck.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sinister, but still totally loyal. ;P Thanks!

      Delete