Thursday, May 16, 2019

WIP: Adeptus Titanicus Warlord Battle Titan Weapons

Legio Tempestus Warlord Battle Titan for Adeptus Titanicus - optional arms WIP
Ascraeus Magnificat modelling the new weapon options

Taking a break from my on-going effort to paint Legio Tempestus camouflage on four Warhound titans, I assembled and magnetized the new resin Warlord weapon options from Forge World.  I was fortunate enough to pre-order these before they became extinct online, quite by chance.  In any game, I like options.  And when there are options, I like to have access to all of them.  So even though I have never played a game of Adeptus Titanicus, I needed the new weapons offered by Forge World.

Legio Tempestus Warlord Battle Titan for Adeptus Titanicus - Quake Cannon


The Quake Cannon is a main weapon I am likely to use in games of Adeptus Titanicus.  I see it paired with the plasma weapon on one of my Warlords, possibly the yet to be built Gladius Noctis. For now, Ascraeus Magnificat proudly displays the new weapon following its initial manufacture.  The resin arms are modeled almost exactly as the plastic parts.  The magnet socket was a bit bigger however, and I opted for a large magnet as a result, though this required a bit of scraping to enlarge the socket even more.  The resin is a bit heavier than the plastic so I wanted a strong connection.  For now, the gun shield is attached with small globs of poster-tac.

Legio Tempestus Warlord Battle Titan for Adeptus Titanicus - Macro Gatling Blaster

The Macro Gatling Blaster is a weapon I'm likely to avoid in favor of other options.  However, that isn't going to stop me from owning and painting it as an option all the same! The rules for GW games go round and round through the years and today's disappointment can often be tomorrows favored weapon. This model came with barrels a bit warped.  I'll apply some heat and straighten them at some point before priming.

WIP Warlord Battle Titan Weapons for Adeptus Titanicus - Quake Cannon and Macro Gatling Blaster

I'll close with a close up of both weapons, including where the magnets sit.  These are great additions to your Warlord Battle Titans and fit seamlessly with the plastic kits as we've come to expect from Forge World upgrades.  It was hard to to break open the casket where Gladius Noctis sleeps waiting for assembly.  Soon..so soon...

For now, I must get back to taping the second round of camouflage patterns on the four Warhounds.

Cheers and Happy Gaming!

6 comments:

  1. Any chance you'd be willing to expand on how you did the camo pattern on him?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Absolutely! Checkout my inital post on painting the Reaver Battle Titans. https://262krieg.blogspot.com/2018/11/wip-painting-dazzle-camouflage-for.html

      Delete
    2. I should also add that following the Reavers, i learned to use smaller shapes and more of them. Also, I learned to thin the paint a bit more and lay it down in lighter coats. There is a bit of a texture to the Reavers' paint after the masking is removed due to too much paint build up. I reduced air pressure and thinned the paints more when I painted the Warlord.

      Delete
  2. Love the Quake Cannon and the Macro Gatling Blaster, when the Carapace Gatling is released on 28mm scale I’d be tempted to go massed Gatlings only next Warlord! Lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha! That would be hell to a board of 40K/Apocalypse units! I guess the shields of other knights and Titans don't like that much dakka either though...

      Delete