Monday, March 25, 2019

#MonsterMarch3 Week four progress. Things start coming together...

Legio Tempestus Warlord Titan for Adeptus Titanicus WIP

Well, we're into week for of #MonsterMarch3 and I have my work cut out for me this week. Today I post a a quick shot of the engine as it starts to take shape now that the armor base coats and transfer work are complete.

Vallejo Steel was painted on the trim of the various armor pieces, except for the torso. I'm focused primarily on getting the model totally assembled. A coat of 50:50 GW Nuln Oil and GW Lahmian Medium was laid down on all of the armor, followed by the legs, metal portions of the torso, and the arms.  This allowed me to start gluing various plates in place, starting with the legs, as shown above, and the arms.

Next up, the shoulders and remaining body armor will be attached.  I'll follow that up with a marathon detailing session to get things in good shape by the end of the week.  I expect to go up to the final hours during this challenge.  No finishing early for me! But I can probably get together three good sessions this week, and maybe a forth if I'm lucky.  So that'll get me 6-8 hours of project work to move things along.  Now that the fiddly, time consuming work is done, I expect the make more rapid progress.

I'm already psyched to see this much coming together.  The color scheme is matching my expectations and I feel this will be a faithful addition to the Legio Tempestus once complete.

There are some truly great works coming out of the challenge this month, so be sure to checkout #MonsterMarch3 blog site to see more.

#MonsterMarch3


Best wishes for all the challengers and congratulations to those who have already completed their work.

Cheers and Happy Gaming!

No comments:

Post a Comment