Friday, January 5, 2024

Happy New Year 2024!

 

Dark Angels Repulsor WIP

Welcome back to our first post of the new year.  I hope you and yours have had a safe, healthy, and happy holiday season!  Here at 262krieg the holidays have been busy, but I haven't been idle. Some paint got slopped on the Repulsor, but then Legions Imperialis dropped and I've had SO much fun building tiny stuff. I may even paint it one day! 😱

Legions Imperialis WIP

I have added some to the initial lot from the workbench in December - namely another Baneblade and a second set of Astartes + a couple additional Astartes units.  eBay is great, but I need to back off now. :)  I have four more Leman Russ battle tanks coming, then at some point I need to add another set of troops to the Solar Auxilia.  First legion Dark Angels are my main army choice, but I would like to bulk out the Auxilia to a decent size as well. This will be another game I can't count on my gaming crew to invest in, so it helps me to have two forces, in order to con various friends into a game or two at some point.

Legions Imperialis WIP

I even got the two Warhounds built and all the weapons magnetized. I have a planned Adeptus Titanicus game day coming up in March so I was inspired to get these two going.  Not sure I will put time into completing them though - Squaduary and Monster March loom large and I have other thoughts for those challenges.  I think the rest of the month of January will be spent painting terrain for the March AT game - and dare I say some future Legions Imperials gaming??

Oh! I also got another Aeronautica Imperialis game in over the holiday break.  Great fun!  It's too bad to see that game get dropped and shrunk to Legions Imperialis play.  So many cool tiny planes and potential there. I'm glad I shelled out for all the models and rules as they came available so I can keep on playing it from time to time.   

Well, welcome to 2024.  Time to get (keep?) cracking on the hobby projects. There's no rest in the Grim Dark. Maybe some Repulsor progress next - maybe some tiny terrain - the world be mine oyster!

Cheers and Happy Gaming!



No comments:

Post a Comment