Wednesday, January 24, 2024

Dark Angels, Legions Imperialis and other Odds and Ends

 

Dark Angels Repulsor WIP

Hello and welcome back!  I've been resistant to post as I've not felt there was much of interest to show lately, despite remaining busy with the hobby.  However, I think now I've built up enough content to make a meaningful post, so here we go. 😂

The Dark Angels Repulsor continues, but has been sorely neglected as the hobby butterfly in me spent way too much time collecting and assembling tiny forces for Legions Imperialis. Maybe it's my age or the decades I've spent in the hobby, but it's so much fun, and easier, to collect and store tiny models in favor of the larger ones.  Some day, I should do an updated post on my hobby space to reveal the scale of my operations.  It's....a lot.

Dark Angels Repulsor WIP

Anyway, I've been slowly poking away at this Repulsor. I've had trouble holding on to the incentive and inspiration to drive the project forward.  But it is getting done despite that by slow degrees. I added some details, like the lights, and started work on lenses.

Dark Angels Repulsor WIP

Then last night I arbitrarily highlighted the red armor bits (except the techmarine). It's not typical for me to pick at a project like this.  It shows my complete lack of inspiration; which is odd since I really like the model and have lots of interest in adding painted work to my 40K Dark Angels in general.

Dark Angels Repulsor WIP

Well my secret to success has always been perseverance. Better to do *something* and keep momentum than get caught up with painter's block and do nothing. So I'll paint whatever captures my attention on a model until I get back in the grove and inspiration or vision takes back over. I think I'm just side tracked by Tyranids which I had planned to be painting by now before getting further distracted by Legions Imperialis. Squaduary was to be a Tyranid unit from the 40K Leviathan box and for Monster March, a large model from the same (likely the Screamer Killer).  

Adeptus Titanicus Terrain WIP


Now I'm undecided.  I have a planned Adeptus Titanicus game looming large in March and I'd like to have painted terrain for that...so Squaduary is likely to be a large squad of buildings/ruins now. 😂 Which may then carry on into MonsterMarch!  Ugh, no, that's no good.  I have plenty of titans for the game, so hopefully I can paint an actual (Tyranid) monster for MonsterMarch - I normally paint a tiny titan or other large 30k/40k model.

Anyway, time will tell.  Stop back in a couple days to see how I am using Battle Foam trays to store my current Legions Imperialis models in the original box.  It's not going to last if I buy even a single new model for the game, but it's fun for now.  I was sort of hoping to convince myself NOT to by a single new model (can't fit!), but I guess we know how that conversation typically goes...

Cheers and Happy Gaming!

4 comments:

  1. Oh, I'd be interested to see what your storage looks like! I've just recently invested in foam for my Legions Imperialis and I have to agree: Just one of the smaller ones will fit the whole army including the drop pods, speeders and jetbikes I want to add once they are available. Compare that to my Heresy Blood Angels where two of the big boxes are not enough to hold them all!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. *Spoiler Alert* the Battle Foam LI trays do fit in the LI box, if a tad tightly. I invested in these boxes from Amazon for my Aeronautica Imperialis trays which are the same size - only this pack was $20 less when I purchased in 08/2023 - https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0781ZBMKJ

      Delete
  2. A squad of buildings :-) BRILLIANT!!!

    ReplyDelete