Thursday, February 16, 2023

Squaduary 2023 - Week 2 Status

 

Horus Heresy Dark Angels Inner Circle Knights Cenobium WIP

And so the Inner Circle Knights Cenobium continue on a piece. Soooo much detail to cover.  I managed during week two to get all five knights to the sample place in terms of what is painted and what is not. I'm sort of batch painting, sort of not and it's making things difficult to keep track of.  But the models are coming along great, so there is that.

Horus Heresy Dark Angels Inner Circle Knights Cenobium WIP

At this point, I am only blocking in base colors.  No shading or highlighting has been done, with the exception of the hoods and tabbards. I  shaded those when I shaded the cloaks (which are still waiting their time to get attached). So we don't have much contrast here which hides much of the detail.

Horus Heresy Dark Angels Inner Circle Knights Cenobium WIP

I'll be away from the painting table for a few days of vacation, so week three will be short hobby-wise. I'm going to have to make quite a push to finish by the end of the month.

Horus Heresy Dark Angels Inner Circle Knights Cenobium WIP

I have four swords and a bunch of little details like keys, books, rivets, and such to go before I lay down the shade.  Hopefully that fits into week three.  Week four is reserved for the bases and highlighting. Like I said, it's going to be a close run thing. sometimes projects are like that though, and it's OK. No lives are on the line here. 😁

Also posting a shout out to Siph at WeeMen who is painting up some more Relictors for a Squaduary challenge.

Hope to see you back here in a week.

Cheers and Happy Gaming!



6 comments:

  1. With the basecolours pretty much down, they are really starting to come together. Great miniatures!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, I feel like I'm lacking, these are full of details and you are ploughing ahead, I need to get my Reivers over the finish line this week! Great job so far mate!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I've had fewer titanic distractions to keep me busy ;-)

      Delete
  3. They are looking fantastic! The additional details on modern GW miniatures like these make it tough to complete a challenge in just 1 month. Hang in there, mate, you can do it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'm chipping away - for the cost of the models, and my own pride, I'm certainly taking my time with these and trying to do some justice to the sculpts. I have some higher expectations for my Heresy collection models.

      Delete