Friday, May 29, 2020

WIP: Blackstone Fortress Hostiles - Part 2


Blackstone Fortress Negavolt Cultist WIP

Greetings.  Today I'm sharing progress on my Blackstone Fortress Hostiles project.  For this week, I've been working on the Negavolt Cultists.  They are a bit fussy with all sorts of spindly bits and various small. hard to reach areas to put color on.  But the results are worth the time if you stick with it.

Blackstone Fortress Negavolt Cultists WIP

I started sort of "inside out" by painting in the flesh first and shading it.  Next I painted clothing and then all of the metals.  Then the energy coils.  I shaded areas as I went along. The shot below shows two cultists completed to that point and two who just have the skin and clothes painted.

Blackstone Fortress Negavolt Cultists WIP

I find it helpful to have a process like this in mind and follow it through.  Otherwise I find myself flitting about from area to area, model to model and it quickly becomes confusing..."where did I leave off on THAT guy?"  etc.

Blackstone Fortress Negavolt Cultists WIP

After a couple sessions I managed all four models to the same standard.  I'm happy with how they're coming out.  Still lots of little cleanup to do before I begin painting in all of the highlights. I have been recording my Blackstone Fortress model paint recipes.  At some point I'll get them on the blog. In the meantime I'll answer any questions in the comments.

Blackstone Fortress Negavolt Cultists WIP

Hopefully I can call these four done sometime next week.  Then it's on to the three Chaos Space Marines and two Rogue Psykers.  I'm really looking forward to the Psykers, in truth, which is why I'll paint them last.  It helps to have something to work towards that is more than just the notion of completing the group of models. 

I hope everyone is staying safe out there.  Best wishes to all and your families.

Cheers and Happy Gaming!

2 comments:

  1. Those bases are terrific against the warm fleshy/Autumn colours of the figures. Reminds me of Halo! Bravo :-)

    ReplyDelete