Friday, May 8, 2020

Legio Ignatum Reaver Battle Titan for Adeptus Titanicus - TO DONE


Legio Ignatum Titans for Adeptus Titanicus

The Titans of Legio Ignatum welcome a new member today.  I have completed the Reaver and moved that project to the DONE list.  Well...barring one heraldry issue.  I was reviewing the White Dwarf August 2018 issue that discussed Adeptus Titanicus and found some guidance on the iconography on Titans that I had missed.  Specifically, the crossed axes indicate Warlord titans and the single ax indicates a Reaver.  So I'll likely go back to the Warbringer and Reaver and replace the crossed axes on both those titans.  oops! A minor thing, but I like to be faithful to the lore.

Legio Ignatum Reaver for Adeptus Titanicus

I'm very pleased with how the project came out otherwise. I had another issue with the flat coat lacquer "frosting" the weather powders (or the fixer) and applied a new coat over the lacquer to correct it.   I'm going to miss the original Model Masters Lusterless Flat Coat.  Even though the new cans use the same part number, it's not the same formula apparently. At least it continues to work well over the paintwork otherwise.  I had no frosting or other issues on the rest of the model and the finish is just what I'm looking for.

Legio Ignatum Reaver for Adeptus Titanicus

I like how the stance came out as the Titan crunches over uneven ground. While fiddly, these models are very pose-able withing certain limitations of the armor plating (see my articles on the Wardbringer).

Legio Ignatum Reaver for Adeptus Titanicus

The back of this titan is still pretty plain.  I might come back in with some details to the center of the upper torso.  The gold cogs on the weapons did dress things up a bit.

Legio Ignatum Reaver for Adeptus Titanicus

Choppy, choppy!  Nothing like a super heavy sized chain fist. Not sure if I will like this or the claw for games, but I like the chain fist for display.

Legio Ignatum Reaver for Adeptus Titanicus

A proud titan of the Legio. This is a senior Reaver for the maniple, with all the extra bling that comes with the status.  Misuse of axes aside, I really like how this Reaver came out.  Three proud titans painted and three more to go (1 Reaver and two Warhounds). Well, four if you count the Warlord-Sinister Psi-Titan which comes in on the side of the "good guys".  For now, this titan is DONE.


It's probably time to take a break from Titans though.  So look forward to a change of scenery for the next month or two.  I haven't committed to what comes next yet.  I'm leaning on more Blackstone Fortress minis, but I'm also feeling drawn to more Heresy Era Dark Angels.  Check back next week to see which way I go.

Cheers and Happy Gaming!

6 comments:

  1. Lovely job mate, yeah the Warbringer has a Crossbow type icon I think. And the Warhound one varies, sometimes a Wolf Head, sometimes a different Icon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Heh, yes I got a bit too free with the symbols. Shouldn’t be a big deal to correct. Thank you for the comments!

      Delete
  2. Lovely job mate! I'm just starting with Titanicus myself and thoroughly enjoying it so far.

    ReplyDelete