Friday, April 26, 2019

WIP: Heresy Era Dark Angels Deredeo Pattern Dreadnought - Applying Decals

Heresy Era Dark Angels Deredeo Plasma Dreadnought - WIP

I wanted to round out the week showing off the Deredeo with more livery.  I put some time into transfers last night, picking out legion iconography and personal livery for the warrior entombed within.  A Terran veteran of the unification wars lies within this dreadnought.  This probably deserves a lightning bolt or two, but I haven't located the proper decals yet form my large and unwieldy collection.

For now, we have legion black and white checkers along with the legion designation and icon on the knees.  It is always fun to break out the ancient dark angels icons (the wings on the left knee) from the earliest GW sets for these Horus Heresy kits.

Heresy Era Dark Angels Deredeo Plasma Dreadnought - WIP

A unit designation and personal heraldry have been applied to the right side of the missile launcher unit, since this dreadnought does not have a proper shoulder pad. I will go back in and pick out the gold trip again, which barely shows up in the picture. I'm considering adding some skulls or other significant kill markings on the broad ankle plates.  I don't want to over do it though with the bling. :)

Heresy Era Dark Angels Deredeo Plasma Dreadnought - WIP

On the other side we have an honer mark (maybe from a past campaign?) and a tribute to the emperor and the Imperium (the Aquila). The Aquila is form the same old decal sheet as the DA icon.

Heresy Era Dark Angels Deredeo Plasma Dreadnought - WIP

And last, we have a tribute to the home world and the Sol system on the left underside of the front hull. With that, the allegiance of this veteran warrior should not be in doubt. I'm going to checkout some of the Custodes transfers and other bits I have about to see what I can come up with for crossed thunderbolts that don't look like they belong to someone else (like a Custodian :) ).  I might free hand this as well.  I'm not confident with my free hand skills, but let's be honest, we're talking about a couple straight lines in a simple pattern...what could go wrong?

That's how the Dreadnought will end the week.  I hope to wrap this project up next week by completing the base and remaining paint work; mostly highlights and detailing left.

Best of luck for your own projects.

Cheers and Happy Gaming!

6 comments:

  1. That looks great, love the plasma effect.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Hope it works out as well for you on the big Engine.

      Delete
  2. Seeing him with decals now makes the choice to go with the white missiles all the better. Well done sir.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, I'm enjoying the evolution from gray plastic to completed project this go around. I didn't really have a solid mental image of this model when I started.

      Delete
  3. That looks stunning! Lovely to see it come together.

    ReplyDelete