In this post, I describe the build for my new Deathwatch Primaris Inceptors. AFter reading the Warhammer Community spoilers for the new codex, I immediately set to work building various Primaris models to add to my Deathwatch. Primaris Intercessor kill teams should be lots of fun when mixed with Aggressors and Inceptors.
The first Inceptor was build using the plasma exterminator options. This guy will slot into the ranged kill team with the stalker bolt rifles and heave plasma incinerators. He may not make the final cut, and is perhaps situational in that unit, but his intended purpose is to rescue his team from assaults by allowing them to withdraw, and then open fire with whomever survives.
I built him with the welding mask because it look cool and fits well with the blinding flare of his two plasma weapons. These guys require the Deathwatch terminator shoulder pad. The pad doesn't fit exactly with the backpacks, however, due to the flared rim over the top of the shoulder. I was going to cut the pad down to look similar to the pads that come with the Inceptor kit. but I wasn't sure that would look great. Instead, I clipped the should pin that the arm glues on to, and let the arm slide down the torso a bit to make room for the shoulder pad. You can look at the pictures here yourself, but I could not see that it effected the look of the model any. The left arms don't look noticeably lower than the right arms, nor do they look out of place on the body. So a quick win there.
Here he is with his new family, including two new Primaris Agressors with flamestorm gautlets.
The third Inceptor I built with the plasma exterminators. He'll be swapped in with the assault squad if I want plasma instead of a hail of hard round in that squad. Also, the codex allows for a plain squad of Inceptors, so i can run the three of them on their own as well if needed. I couldn't use a single model in any other force by Deathwatch in any case, so he had to get built. Didn't want him languishing on the sprue.
I completed this phase by gluing down the basing so they are ready for a primer coat at the next opportunity. Just plain gravel for now. Might toss on some spare bits for character before the primer gets sprayed over all. I'm also suspicious of the plastic stands. They seem slight and fragile for any long term use of these models. I'm thinking about cutting them off and replacing with thick copper wire instead. but for now, here are the bases.
Next up, I will prime these guys to match the Intercessors - then they sit in the queue waiting for some paint. I still want to make progress with the Custodes and Grey knights so it may be a while; but I'd expect to get at least one of the Kill teams on the painting table by summer time.
Watch for a separate WIP post on the Primaris Aggressors coming soon.
Cheers and Happy Gaming!